Saturday, February 7, 2009

It's Raining, It's Pouring!

The girls were so excited to see that it finally decided to rain Saturday night that they "Danced in the rain." Then they all ran in the house soaking wet yelling "cold, cold." After a nice warm bath and pajamas, we did one of favorite traditions when it rains.... Hot Chocolate and Toast in the Garage.
We go out in the garage set up our blankets and pillows, open the garage door and drink Hot Chocolate and eat toast while watching the rain and listening to the thunder. This is a tradition Adam and I started right after we were married and has continued for the last 13 years. The girls love it and rarely let's us miss a big storm.

4 comments:

  1. .....and toast? Okay so I see the hot chocolate part, but you are the first I know of to have a hot chocolate and toast tradition!

    PS. That was my first time tye dying too! Next time we'll add more color, but the kids were happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, what a great tradition! Southern Utah rains are awesome, miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw there were two comments, so I had to check who else was doing my job :) PS Thanks for watching Kyler this morning....and not loosing him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love this tradition! Do you hang out in the garage in the summer storms too?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.