We decided we wanted to try something we've never done before so we went Whale Watching. It was a 2 1/2 hour boat tour.
The girls loved as the boat crashed over the big waves.
Monterey Bay from the boat as we headed out to the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
We were all fine going out but as soon as the boat put it in neutral to watch for whales we all got a little queasy. Three out of the six of us ended up throwing up over the side of the boat. Along with about 15 other passengers. (I won't tell who the three were.) BUT, it was all worth it.....
We saw a Blue Whale. It was crazy. They said we'd probably see humpback whales and that blue and gray whales are a rare sighting but we saw one. We sat in one spot and would watch as he would come up for air and squirt water in the air through his blow hole then he'd arch his back and go under. We'd wait for about 10 minutes and then he'd appear again. At one point he was coming right towards the boat and we could tell just how huge these animals really are. We ended up seeing him come up and go back down 5 different times. It was sooo cool! The girls couldn't believe that saw a real whale in the real ocean.
We were all fine going out but as soon as the boat put it in neutral to watch for whales we all got a little queasy. Three out of the six of us ended up throwing up over the side of the boat. Along with about 15 other passengers. (I won't tell who the three were.) BUT, it was all worth it.....
Thats so crazy, honestly I think Id be a little scared seeing such a huge animal. Then again I think if I were on a saot the size of the one you were on in the ocean Id probably be scared to, I dont know the ocean just kinda freaks me out!
ReplyDeleteI know I was a little nervous. I kept asking Adam what if the whales jump out of the water and land on our boat...he lied and said that only Shamu knows how to do that, it made me feel better anyway:)
ReplyDeleteI have always wanted to go whale watching! How fun for you!
ReplyDelete