Monday, June 21, 2010

Trek and Maddie's Baptism!

Our ward got the opportunity to go on Trek with the 1st and 10th wards for Youth Conference this year.
The YW that went from our ward.
Hanna Hicks, Rylee Jeppson, Hailey Johansen, Geralynne Decker, Niquelle Craig and her friend Nicole,
Jaycee Jolley, McKenzie Jolley, Sharly Anderson and Brittnee White.
I got to drive some of the Ma's and Pa's to the starting line in New Harmony.
It was so cool. I could already feel the spirit that was with them.  I hope that someday I can have the experience of Trek. I think it is such an amazing opportunity for these youth. 
The Saturday that they came in they had all the leaders and their families at the finsih line waving them in and then a big BBQ. I wasn't able to be there because we were heading to Payson for my niece Maddie's baptism.  We went to baptism, where Maddie had asked me to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. Then we went to Kevin and Jens for lunch and hung out and visited for quite a while. Then we drove to the Provo cemetary to see my Grandpa Kendall's grave. We spent about hour here just walking around and seeing the interesting headstones. We even found Dan Jones headstone (one of Joseph Smith's body guards) and Porter Rockwell's wife.  Then we went to visit my cousin Russell in Springville and to show the girls where Charly was filmed. My cousin is a producer for LDS films. He has also been in quite a few, he played Brigham Young in the Joseph Smith and Emma Smith story. He also helped with and was in the Movie Charly. The movie was filmed in his home. So we took the grandkids on a tour and showed then all the places that were used in the movie, they thought that was really cool.
We had decided to just drive up and back so that I could be back for Sacrament meeting to hear the youths testimony's.  The girls were a little disappointed that all their cousins got to stay and we were leaving but we told them we'd take them to Pine Valley after sacrament with some other cousins. They were happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.