Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry Christmas 2010

Well, again I was just so excited Christmas morning that I forgot to take a lot of pictures. But here's a few I did get.
The girls checking out their stockings.  They always come down the stairs and head straight for the kitchen to see if Santa ate their cookies and then they do their stockings and then head downstairs to the tree.

Sadie, Gentry and Adam opening gifts.

Calli can't believe she just got a gun...me neither. It was all Adam's idea but she loved it.
We had a great year. Here's some of the family's favorite gifts.
Calli: PSP w/ games and movie, gun, helicopter
Sadie: ipod w/ Disney skin, pillow pet, Disney snow globe, squirt stuffed animal
Gentry: Ipod w/ Disney skin, baby, Lotso, sock monkey
Adam: helicopter, new game table for bonus room
Robyn: Disney skin for ipod, preschool curriculum, camera
Each year we always pick names and buy for that person and then open the gift on Christmas eve. This year I wanted to do something different. We picked names and we had to MAKE something for that person. I LOVED this. It was so much fun watching them brainstorm about what to make. They put way more thought into this gift then they have in the past. They were all so creative and did an awesome job. I also enjoyed the girls pulling me aside to have me secretly help them make their gift. Here's the gifts we made:
Calli -Me She sewed me a Christmas hot pad...so cute
Sadie-Gentry she sewed a turtle stuffed animal (Squirt from Nemo)
Gentry - Adam she made him a bookmark because he loves to read. She came up with this idea all by herself. I loved it.
Me-Sadie I made Sadie a sleeping bag and matching pillow for her baby
Adam-Calli He made her a marshmallow gun...she loved it.
Also, this year I made everyone in the family a pillowcase. I try to make at least one thing each year. I just loved the pillowcases they were super easy and way cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.