Thursday, August 2, 2012

SHE MADE IT!

Aug. 1, 2012 Calli is officially a Snow Canyon Warrior Soccer Team member...SHE MADE IT! I am so proud of her. I knew that it was going to be a lot of hard work to make the team but I underestimated just how hard. The girls that try-out for these teams are amazing. They give up their whole summer for soccer. They were up at 6am most summer days. They went to conditioning, weight training, drills and soccer camps. They, eat, sleep and drink soccer.  It is a huge commitment and they all so deserve to be on the team.
Calli came home from her last try-out more than a little nervous. The coaches told them that the results would be posted on the blog by noon.  We immediately pulled it up and continued to go back and check it about every half hour.  It was the longest hour of my life. At about 11:00am I was on the computer working on preschool stuff and decided to switch over and check...it was posted. I debated whether to look first or to call Calli right in. I decided to look first.  I saw her name on the list of those who made it...Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe it there was her name.  I ran out of the room and called Adam. I told him to hurry home that the list was already posted and then started to cry, he thought she hadn't made it. He asked me if she was on the list and I started laugh-crying and said "Yes, but hurry home before she decides to look again."  About 5 minutes later just 1 minute before Adam pulled in, Calli was heading back to the computer to check. I wanted to stop her until Adam got there but I didn't say anything. She was so nervous. I asked her if I could record her and she said "No, I don't want you to" her voice was shaking. She pulled it up and immediately found her name and shrieked "I made it, I made it" and then went running upstairs looking for Sadie yelling "I made it."  Right in the middle of it all Adam walked in and my mom called. Terry (my brother) had just called her and said "You have 2 granddaughters on the team" His daughter Jadyn has played since her freshman year and is now a senior. We were hoping so bad that they would get to play together. My mom and Terry called three-way. It was so chaotic for the next few minutes as it all sank in. Calli immediately started texting and face booking her friends. She is so happy.  I am so happy for her. She is going to have a great 9th grade year and have an absolute ball hanging out with her cousin Jadyn on the field and making friends with her new team mates.  I am so happy that she also knows first hand now that prayers are heard and answered, that dreams do come true, that hard work pays off and that if you want something and are willing to work for it anything is possible. So many lessons learned just from one experience. Way to Go Calli! We are so proud of you and love you! 
Calli's name on the list of girls who made the team!
5 freshman and 1 sophomore made it.
Calli's room decorated to congratulate her!
That night we went to Iceberg with my entire family to celebrate with Calli and Jadyn!
 
The next morning (Aug. 2, 2012)...
First day of practice as a Snow Canyon Warrior soccer player!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.