March 9-15th
We stayed pretty close to home this year but we had a full schedule and a full house the entire week. I let each of the girls pick one thing they would like to do during Spring Break and we worked that into our schedule.
WEEK BEFORE:
Calli's quarter ended the Friday of Spring Break so she had a sprint for the finish line, studying and playing catch-up the week before spring break.
All set up for a few hours of studying. She's got her pillow, blanket, snacks, tunes and a movie.
FRIDAY:
Calli got some friends together and went to the American Authors concert and paint fight for Dixie Fest.
She went with Megan, Damon, Weston, Andrea, Hannah and Lizzie.
This was captured by the Dixie Fest photographers and put on their website.
This was captured by the Dixie Fest photographers and put on their website.
The paint fight. They were all soaked, freezing and covered in paint. She had a blast!
SATURDAY:
Gentry had a soccer game that afternoon and then we stopped by the children's museum with friend Lizzie on our way home.
SUNDAY:
We went to church and had a BBQ
MONDAY:
Calli went shopping with Megan
Calli went shopping with Megan
and enjoyed 31 flavors at Baskin Robbins.
While Calli was shopping, me, Gentry and Sadie went and tried out the new Gubler Park. It is so cute!
The girls on the spiny thing. They talked me into getting on it too and then spun me as fast as they could. Let's just say I'm not as young as I used to be, I was sick for the next hour. After the park we went to Lin's and grabbed some junk food for our Bachelor Party that night...and a Sprite for all ouR upset stomachs from the park.
TUESDAY:
The next morning Calli and Megan volunteered at the Children's Museum for a few hours.
and then we all (along with some friends) went to the House of Jump (Sadie's Choice) and then to Taco Bell for lunch.
WEDNESDAY:
We started out the morning by going and paying for Calli's two tickets from her accident. ($260.00)
We started out the morning by going and paying for Calli's two tickets from her accident. ($260.00)
I could have paid it online but I wanted Calli to experience going to the courthouse, walking through metal detectors and paying for her ticket there. She had go through twice because her phone was in her pocket. I also wanted to get a picture of her outside the courthouse but there was a pretty sketchy-looking guy outside so we just bee lined it to the car...I think she got the point.
That afternoon she went hiking around the Red Mountain with some friends while me, Sadie and Gentry went shopping. We were able to find them each of their Easter dresses. After shopping the girls and some neighbor friends went to the park to play night games.
That same night Calli went caving with friends. (I'd be lying if I didn't say I was freaking out a little bit the entire time she was gone) I was very relieved to have all my girls back home, safe and sound and under one roof that night.
THURSDAY:
I cracked the whip...
I cracked the whip...
We all dived in and did our hard jobs and got the house entirely scrubbed...before heading back out for more Spring Break fun.
Again, Me, Sadie and Gentry went one way while Calli went another.
We went to the sand dunes with our friends, the Larsens, Stouts and Maxwells.
We stayed for a few hours enjoying the nice weather and company.
Calli went hiking the Dixie rock and then to the Snow Canyon baseball game.
Calli went hiking the Dixie rock and then to the Snow Canyon baseball game.
FRIDAY:
They each picked a friend and we went swimming out at the Washington Rec Center (Gentry's Choice)
After swimming we had a birthday BBQ for Travis, with Isaac's family and Kami's family.
After swimming we had a birthday BBQ for Travis, with Isaac's family and Kami's family.
Halfway through the BBQ Calli ran to a friends Birthday Party.
SATURDAY:
We worked in the yard and then did tin foil dinners and smore's over the fire pit. (Calli's Choice)
Sadie and her cute puppy slippers staying warm by the fire.
Gentry cuddling with Adam by the fire
Nephews Travis and Talen. Travis is living in Lyman's basement so we have him up quite often for dinner, games or just to hang out and Talen was down just for the weekend so he came out to play with the fire as well.
SUNDAY:
We went to church and then invited Lyman, Merilee (who had just returned from visiting Amber and her family in South Carolina for a week) and Travis up for dinner and then spent the rest of the night relaxing and wishing Spring Break wasn't over.
Later that night I found these beauties on my I-pad. Enjoy...
We went to church and then invited Lyman, Merilee (who had just returned from visiting Amber and her family in South Carolina for a week) and Travis up for dinner and then spent the rest of the night relaxing and wishing Spring Break wasn't over.
Later that night I found these beauties on my I-pad. Enjoy...
Sadie
Sadie
Sadie
Calli
Calli
Calli
Haha they crack me up!
MONDAY:
The girls sadly ended their Spring Break and went back to school, but not before enjoying a little St. Patrick's day breakfast and surprises.
Happy Spring Break and St. Patty's Day 2014!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.