Sunday, April 26, 2015

THE "Watch"

Have you ever come across an item that just sings to you when you see it and you know you have to have it? Well, we had that moment during our last trip to Disneyland. Adam came across this watch and as soon as he picked it up I knew he had to have it. It is SO Adam. First, he LOVES watches, has an obsession about them, second he LOVES black and red and third...it's Disney!!! 
We bought the display because that's the last one they had and skipped out of the store happy with our purchases. The next day when Adam looked down he noticed it had moisture in the face. We sadly walked back to the store to return it.  They called around to a few other stores and no one else had one either.  Adam left Disneyland without his prized souvenir. 


As soon as we got home I got on the phone and computer and started searching for "THE watch" Every time I hit a dead end. The watch had been discontinued. I googled, I called, I researched for weeks with no luck. I contacted Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Disney shopping, Amazon, Ebay and all other websites or stores that sell Disney Park merchandise....nothing. We had to come to the realization that it was gone.  As Adam's birthday approached I started looking for another Disney watch. I found a nice one and bought it. He loved it! But still "THE watch" was on my mind. (Once I get my mind set to something, I have a hard time letting it go) Over the next few months every time I was browsing the internet or Disney Store I would type in the item number...just to see. Well, one day it popped up at the Disney store. I about freaked. I put it in my cart and went to teach preschool. As soon as I was done I ran in and... my cart was empty. Typed in the item again and it was sold out. You've got to be kidding me!  Tried and tired again and again.  Called Disney shopping and they said just keep checking back.  I continued to check back daily, sometimes hourly.  It showed up again.  I bought that thing so fast.  Since that day it has showed sold out. I got the very last one on earth!!! haha! The following days I kept expecting an email saying sorry, that item isn't available. Even when I received the shipping confirmation I thought they sent the wrong one.  Lo and Behold it came just in time for our anniversary. 
 
Adam was shocked and I was so happy that I was able to surprise him because he knew about it being discontinued. He asked me how I did it and I told him I basically had to sell my soul to the devil. When each of the girls saw it they all said "Is that THE watch" HAHA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.