Sunday, December 29, 2019

The most wonderful time of the year!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
I love kicking off the holiday season with Jubilee of Trees...one of my favorite traditions!
DSU tree!
One of my favorite sights is finally seeing the Ivins Star lit up. As soon as I see it, I know that Christmas is right around the corner. 
Jingle returned December 1st with the 25 days of Christ devotionals.
And then got into a bit of trouble along the way as well. 


The first weekend in December had us at the Dickens Festival. Another favorite tradition. It always brings back some fun memories of the years the girls were the plays. A lot of our favorite Christmas memories were made at Dickens.



Still the cutest Orphans around!
The first Saturday in December we had our annual ward Christmas Breakfast, complete with the primary acting out the Nativity. It was so sweet!
All decorated. For some reason this year, we were all anxious to get decorated. We had the inside decorated before Thanksgiving but then it took a couple weeks to finish the outside. I love it! I love  pulling into the driveway at night and seeing it all lit up!
Adam and I had lot's of wrapping parties. I really do not like waiting for the last minute to wrap. I try to do is throughout the month as the packages arrive. I do the wrapping and Adam does the labeling. I can always count on some pretty creative labels. 
First Sunday in December the YW had a special lesson at one of the leaders homes. Glory Galbraith sent me this picture of Bo and Brinlee Cullen enjoying their refreshments. 
That night we built gingerbread houses and watched the first presidency devotional. 


The following day was our annual and 12th year for our Charity Drive. 
Always so much fun! Something I hope to continue for years to come!
We were able to squeeze in some time for baking. I did cookies, chocolate covered peanuts and divinity.
While Adam made his famous toffee which only lasted a couple days!
Frosting the cookies was a family affair
Pretty good if you ask me. We had tie dye cookies, Care Bears, Giraffes and everything in between. Hope Santa likes them. 
That night we all watched Christmas Jars together. Such an adorable show. Made me cry both times I watched it. 
Saturday the 21st Johansen's rented out the theater for the company Christmas party and we all went and saw Star Wars. What a crew!!
That night was the Losee Christmas Party. We had dinner, dessert and games out at our house. 
Love Losee Christmas Dinner, one of my favorite meals. 
After eating we went into the bonus room for some Christmas games. 


Sunday we received some surprise visitors, Cliff, Susie and family were down and all came out to say hi. We had a house full...again!
Couldn't forget hot chocolate and looking at Christmas Lights!


Sadie had a Friendsmas Sleepover to round out our month.  Such a fun and crazy time. But I love it as it is filled with family, traditions and lots of food!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.