Friday, August 13, 2021

Answered Prayers

August 12, 2021 Just as we were starting to see some normalcy return, we had another spike in Washington County. The hospitals were getting full again due to more gatherings, more traveling, no more masks and not everyone being vaccinated. The delta variant was raging but people were tired of living with restrictions that they were fighting mandates to wear masks and get vaccinated. It was scary to think we could go backwards again...but I was still so uncertain about the vaccines. I kept praying about it, hoping I’d get an answer. It was just so scary since it was not FDA Approved yet and some of the side effects are so scary. (I have always had a fear of blood clots, which had been a mentioned side effect to the vaccine, not to mention Sadie’s friend Brynn Wamsley had just unexpectedly lost her dad due to a blood clot. Whether it was covid related or not I’m not sure. But still scary) But then so are the side effects for some with covid. One eye opener that really pushed Adam into wanting the vaccine was Aunt Susie had just spent 2 months in ICU with covid fighting for her life. (She is stable now but still in therapy) He was ready then but so patient to wait for me to be ready. We had a few group events coming up that I was getting anxious about and Adam would say “then let’s get the shot” but I was still hesitant. Finally, with a family reunion, BYU football game and surgery around the corner we knew we needed to do it sooner than later. We decided on a day and said we’d go together on that day. That morning, knowing it was “the” day. I almost broke down in tears, just thinking about it. I still can’t really put a finger on why I was so scared but I was. That afternoon I had a dentist appointment and as I sat in the waiting room I was checking my emails. I opened one from the church and my prayers were instantly answered.


 The church had sent out an official statement urging us to get the vaccine. That’s all I needed. 
We went right after my dentist appointment and never looked back. Our shoulders hurt for a few days but it felt soooo good to have finally received an answer to be safe guarded from this virus. It’s kinda weird but I felt so peaceful and empowered. Haha! So thankful to answered prayers! Round two of Moderna will be in 30 days!! Here’s to fighting this virus one day at a time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.