Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Anxiety

 Who knew that anxiety had so much control over your body. For 5 days I had been suffering with chest pains. The pain would go though into my back. It just started out with chest pain but then over the next few days escalated into light headedness, pains in the left arm, jaw hurting, lips going numb, leg pain etc.  Of course, when I googled it, it all pointed towards heart attack and blood clots... the two things that terrify me more than anything. But then it would say the pain would not go away with medication or rest which it always did, so I just kept riding it out. It caused for some long nights sleeping in the recliner and a couple panic attacks. On the 6th day I went to instacare. They were so attentive. They did an EKG, a chest X-ray and blood work. All came back normal. Then he started asking me questions about anxiety. I knew that I had high anxiety in certain situations but could always work through it and in general I’m really not a stressful person, I can tend to let things roll off my back, so I was surprised when he mentioned it as a cause. They didn’t know what caused the initial chest pain but said all the other symptoms were most likely brought on by anxiety. He prescribed me some medication which I picked up but hope to never have to take. After a couple days the pain and symptoms went away, and I was feeling like myself again. It was a few scary days. So glad all is well, I guess I just need to learn to control my anxiety better.  Just another medical visit for 2022. Good thing we reached our deductible of $10,000 with my surgery and all others that followed have been comped because it has been a CRAZy medical year. Surgeries, loop recorder implants, medication, tests, MRI’s, Echo’s etc… I’m sure we’ve hit our deductible 3 times over this year. Thankful for modern medicine and insurance…even if it’s crappy. HAHA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.