April 29th - May 1st, 2026
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite weekends. Women's Conference is such a rejuvenating, spiritual and fun weekend with the girls.
Wednesday, April 29th, We drove to Provo Wednesday morning, stopped at the Red Barn in Fillmore and then to the BYU campus for check-in and badge pick-up. After getting out luggage to our dorms we went out exploring before the Wednesday evening classes.
We went back to the Moon's Bookstore like last year, except Mr. Moon wasn't there this time.
And then to Brick Oven for dinner.
Back to the campus for the conference.
BYU us celebrating their 150 year this year.
Andrea getting stopped by security, something that continued to happen each day because of the tin of mints she had in her bag. Haha!
Let's go! So excited.
It's always so inspiring to see the Marriott center packed with women.
Jenni sporting Kristin's tag (Kristin had to drop out due to Taren's wedding, so Jenni took her spot)
Amazing sky with the bell tower on our walk back to our car, so we could make a quick late night run to Target.
Thursday, April 30th. Showing Jenni my ways...getting ready in bed is way more comfortable than in the bathroom. A trick I've learned with 3 girls:)
Never too early for a cougar tale. I love that they have all sorts of food, right at our finger tips, it's fun to leave campus and eat but also stay and try all the fun foods they bring on for the event.
Each morning starts with a keynote speaker.
Maddie Bang found us before we ran to our next class. You only have 30 minutes to get to each class. Most classes are walkable but the bus is also nice.
Another class!
Running up the stairs to get to our next class and hopefully get good seats. It was kinda crazy this year. If you weren't there 30 minutes before the class started, you were not getting a seat. Depending on how busy it was they would open overflow rooms, so thee was never a class we weren't able to attend. For John Bytheway, they ended up opening up seven additional overflow rooms.
This class was a highlight for me. When I was looking at the schedule of presenters and trying to decide which ones I would want to go to, I saw Brother and sister Dayton's name (Calli''s mission president) and knew I had to go. I ran to the class to make sure we got seats in the actual room. We were a few minutes early so I was able to go up and see them.
I showed this picture and said "This is my daughter" and they immediately said "Hermana Peterson" My eyes filled with tears as I said "you remember" and they said "we never forget our missionaries" I hugged them both and thanked them for taking such good care of her. Then showed them a picture of her, Levi and Liam.
What a tender experience, to hug and thank someone who loved and cared for your daughter. It was a moment I will never forget.
Andrea took these pics from our seats.
I was on such a high after this, it was awesome. I texted Calli the pictures right away and told her the story and how they remembered her. She was so happy.
Just some fun photo op's while going from class to class.
We had a FULL day of classes and left to eat dinner at Raising Canes, before racing back for the Thursday night concert.
So many amazing artists, It's always such a good time.
After the long day, I fell into bed that night and slept pretty good.
Next morning, we were up bright and early to get in line for crepes before the morning keynote speaker.
Then off to the bookstore for some shopping and more photo op's
And of course Cougar Creamery ice cream.
Off to more classes. This was a new and really cool building.
You know it's been a long weekend of classes when you can't keep your eyes open. Busted by Jenni!
So, so amazing. Every year as it approaches it's hard to get out the door but once I'm there, I don't want to leave. Cannot wait until next year!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.