Gentry is our little timid and stubborn child. If she doesn't want to do something, or talk to someone or... go to primary, she won't. So we started talking about some things she would want to do (hopefully, to help her come out of her shell and also to bribe her to go primary.) She said she wanted to try gymnastics. So we went and checked it out and she got really excited. I crossed my fingers and signed her up. We told her that in order to go to gymnastics each Wednesday, she has to go to primary on Sunday. So the next Sunday, she sprinted to primary. Holy cow, I couldn't believe it. I was still a little hesitant as to how she would react to going into gymnastics by herself, but again she surprised me. She could hardly wait. She had her gymnastics outfit on as soon as she got up that morning, and after about 100 times of asking "is it time?" we took her to her first gymnastics class. She ran right in, talked to her coach and did everything the class was doing. I was so proud her. It has now been a couple weeks and she is still active in Primary and loves her gymnastics class. These are pictures from her Parents Day Performance.
Coastal College Bedroom
2 days ago
Bribery to go to Primary...hmm whatever works. We were just glad she was there! PS. I'm glad you updated your blog, my comments were overwhelming your last post, and since I check you blog every stinkin' day it's nice to see something new!
ReplyDeleteCute background...looks familiar.
ReplyDelete