Saturday, January 17, 2009

Sadie...What's more to say!

So this happened a few months ago, but again I blog faster than I scrapbook and fear if I wait til then, I will forget. For Sadie's 8th birthday all she wanted was her ears pierced. So the day before her birthday, we took her in to Claires. As soon as we walked in she was nervous. We casually started to look for earrings and let her take her time. After a while she climbed in the chair, as soon as the lady tired to move her hair so she could clean her ears she freaked out, started screaming and ran out of the store. Adam went out to talk to her, finally convincing her to come back in. This happened two more times, before we said "Last chance." So she climbed up in the chair again, and got teary eyed. At this point Calli said I'll do it if you do it. (Now, Calli has had her ears pierced once before and felt they were to girly for her and let them grow in, I thought it was so sweet that she would offer to do it again for her sister.) Sadie agreed and told her to go first. Calli climbed in the chair and got her ears pierced. Sadie then climbs back into the chair, this time she let the lady clean her ears and put the marks on, but as soon as she saw that gun come out she was done again. Now normally Adam and I would have taken her to the car and left but we knew how bad she wanted them and how scared she really was, so we tried to be patient. As Sadie climbed in the chair again, Gentry said "I'll do it." We don't let our girls get their ears pierced until they are eight, but we really didn't think she would go through with it, so we said okay. Gentry climbed up in the chair hugged the Teddy Bear and closed her eyes. Two minutes later she had cute pink earrings in her ears. We couldn't believe it. Sadie decided to try it one more time. This time screaming so loud, and trying to jump out the chair while Adam held her that she kicked the gun out of the lady's hand. Needless to say at that point we left. Now you would think that the story ends here but no, we were dumb enough to take her back the next day and try it again. Well, it ended up that Calli and Gentry got their ears pierced for Sadie's Birthday! Oh well, Maybe next year.

10 comments:

  1. oh my gosh I was laughing so hard I was seriously rolling on the floor. That is exactly a battle we would deal with - with our kids. What cute sisters your kids are. Thank you for sharing that story today- it made my day for sure! I understand her pain and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am scared to have Joely pierce her ears, I always thought it was so scary (yeah, I've done it more then once) Maybe next year, if not who cares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come your blog list changed today? It isn't listing when everything was last updated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My late fee was 53.00...top that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so funny! When Gentry got her ears pierced she proudly showed them off to me and the rest of the class, but she failed to mention the whole story. I think that is a great story! I can only imagine what the store clerk was thinking! I have strict age rules about ear piercing too. My girls must be at least two and a half months old and no older than three and a half months old. Hee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you totally did have me beat on that fine! Hey the Lost that you tevoed last week it was just the season finale of last season they stretched the two hour show into three hours,so not worth seeing. Tonight is the Season Premier, and you better believe I'll be watching it, I'm not looking forward to the week by week thing, but hey someones gotta to be cheering for Ben :) I gotta admit the creepy dude totally entertains me! Ok I like Sawyer too, he just has some quick remarks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea you and Kristen were into LOST. I haven't been able to watch the last couple of years because of Young Women on Wednesday night. Last year I was lucky because it was on Thursday but when the strike ended and they started up The Office again I had a tough choice to make. Because I was already so behind on LOST I chose The Office last year. I need some major catch up and I am extremely happy to hear that I am not the only one that likes LOST

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny. I cant wait till maddie begs for her ears.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Robyn, now you can borrow my expression, it is so awesome! It's funny because on Saturday Joel said we were going to buy it,so me, I decide to find the best deal. Well, it was 369 at Roberts (ouch) but it was 300 at Michaels. So I decided to see if I could get Roberts to match or be the price. I am the worst at trying to get a deal...But I got Roberts to match it, after they gave me a lot of crap. So we buy it and on Sunday morning the new Roberts add came out and the cricut was on sale for 259. I can't believe the manager was giving me a hard time considering she would have already known the add for the next day, so I went in on Monday and had them give me a refund on the difference of the sale. Making those large paper dolls for the bulletin board are going to be a lot easier now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a reason Addie got her ears pierced when she was an infant. Well, and we were tired of people calling her a boy!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.