Saturday, April 11, 2009

Calli & Soccer!


A friend of mine walked up to me the other day and said "so I hear a lot of people in town are mad at Calli." I just looked at her confused thinking why would anyone be mad at Calli. She then said "All I've heard the last few days from my daughter and her friends is - 'Oh, great we have to play Calli's team today', and 'Man, have you played that Calli girl yet? She scored on us 4 times', and 'I hope we don't play Calli today'." I just started laughing. Calli has just started her soccer season. She has played 3 games and has already scored 6 goals. (4 of which were in one game.) She is such a go-getter and so much fun to watch on the field, she has no fear. It doesn't matter if the girl is twice her size (which most of them are) if she wants the ball she'll get it. In her first game Calli was dribbling down the field and had only one defender to get by, the defender was in 8th grade and was huge. Calli didn't even blink she just dribbled faster. As they came up on each other the defender went after the ball and missed, kicking Calli right below the knee. The impact of running so fast and getting kicked to an abrupt stop caused her to do a complete back flip in the air before coming down hard on the grass and rolling a few more times. Her poor little body looked like a rag doll flipping through the air, I thought for sure she was going to be hurt bad. But, she jumped back up and took off again. She doesn't let anything or anyone get in her way. She always gives 110% of everything she does. It's been a fun season so far and I can't wait for the rest. Way to go Calli, I am so proud of you for always getting out there and doing your best, being determined with everything you do and knowing who you are and where you're going!

1 comment:

  1. So cool, we could really use her on Samantha's team. We joke that Joe got handed the derilect team. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.