Sunday, May 24, 2009

5th Grade Graduation & Give Me Liberty!

During the year-end assembly at school they had a 5th grade graduation where the 5th graders marched in with the graduation song playing and their teachers handed them a diploma. It was an emotional moment I was not prepared for. I suddenly realized my oldest is leaving elementary. I had a hard time fighting back the tears.
Calli receiving her diploma from Mr. Powell


Give Me Liberty!

This is an amazing program that the 5th graders do throughout the year. They work on memorizing and passing off: The Pledge of Allegiance, the National Anthem, the President's of the United States in order, the States, Capitals and their location, the Continents and Oceans, a portion of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, the Symbols of the Flag, the United States and Utah, and the entire Gettysburg Address. It is a huge undertaking and huge accomplishment for these 5th graders. Everyone that passes off at least 6 gets a T-shirt and everyone that passes off all 12 get a trophy. I was on the Give Me Liberty Board this year and worked one on with with a lot of the kids. I saw how hard they worked and how dedicated you have to be get all 12.

Out of 120 students only 16 received a trophy....

Calli was one of the 16. She worked so hard from August to May to be one that passed them all off.


Big accomplishment = Big Trophies!
I got to design and order the trophies this year, so of course Calli got to help me choose what she thought everyone would like.
Way to go Calli-We are so proud of you!

3 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO CALLI! What a BIG accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Losee, Your school sounds like they have amazing staff. And Cali is very talented. I wonder where she gets it from? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS CALLI AND MOM FOR ALL THE HARD WORK. i LOVE THE TROPHY.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.