Thursday, January 21, 2010

One more thing...

Well now Calli has one more thing to cross off her "injury to do list" Sometimes I think this child has nine lives and has already used up five of them. I swear her medical records are longer than mine. Calli has had stitches, has almost drowned, has choked to the point of turning blue, she has had 911 called on her twice, she has been run over by a tire, broke her nose, been bitten by a snake, has had tubes in her ears, has had an EEG, has had several X-rays and a cat scan, she has had a spinal tap, and endless bruises, cuts and scraps, so I guess she felt she needed to add another to her list...broken arm.

While talking about our upcoming Disneyland trip, the girls decided that they wanted to start a penny jar. They came up with the brilliant idea to look under the couches for pennies and then had another brilliant idea to have Sadie hold the couch up while Calli crawled underneath in search for treasure. Well, Sadie's hands slipped and the couch came crashing down pinning Calli's wrist between the couch and the wall. Even better...it was her right hand, so I've been getting the opportunity to sit down with her each night and "write" out her homework for her. (I thought I graduated from college so I wouldn't have to do homework anymore.) She has been such a trooper through it all, going to school, writing with her left hand the best she can and sitting out during PE (which is just about killing her, she loves PE) She is so adventerous and fearless, I can only imagine what she will do next.

2 comments:

  1. I think that broken arm may allow you to get a wheel chair, therefor making it easier for you to get to the front of the lines at Disneyland ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome sister to drop the couch! That is one I wouldn't let her live down. I cannot believe Callie's injury list! You are so brave - I don't think I could let her out of the house.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.