Anyone that knows me really well, knows that I am a Disneyland Fanatic. I love Disneyland, I love the sights, I love the sounds, I love the smells, everything. So as you can imagine I have turned my girls into fanatics as well. We usually go to Disneyland every other year, and each time it is just as much fun as the first.
(We love to trade pins in the park, it has become a fun tradition.)
We went this year with my entire family. There were 35 of us all together. (pictures below) We took the first day to just be with our own families before meeting up with the whole gang for the remainder of the trip.
Donald Duck!
Now that Gentry is tall enough to go on everything, our family can just stick together and get on everything together, we had a blast!
With it being so slow, we never had to wait in lines, we would walk right up and get on. When the ride was over we were asked if we just wanted to stay on and go again. We also got to choose where we wanted to sit on almost every ride. Here is Calli in the driver's seat of Indiana Jones. This was Sadie and Gentry's first time on this ride, it ended up being one of Sadie's favorites. Gentry wasn't too sure about it but still went on it 4 other times.
This was so stinking cute, I loved it!
"California Screamin" was a favorite with all the cousins and family so we spent a lot of time on this ride. I couldn't even guess how many times we all went on Screamin. This was Sadie's first time on this as well. She wanted to go on it so bad but she was so nervous, however, as soon as we got her on, we couldn't get her off. They would get off and jump right back on.
By the end of the day the girls were hungry wet and tired. We had gotten on 90% of the rides in BOTH parks, in ONE day, it was crazy. So we headed over to Downtown Disney for dinner at Rain Forest Cafe'. The last time we were in Disneyland Adam's mom was with us. His mom and dad took us here, so we returned in memory of her.
The later it got, the emptier the park became. At one point as we were running through fantasy land I noticed that Dumbo wasn't going. (which is odd because Dumbo always has a huge line) I wondered if maybe it closed because of the rain so I asked the cast member if Dumbo was closed. He laughed and said "Nope, and I think we still have some room." So we went on Dumbo all by ourselves. The last few years we have gone we have been rained on, but as long as you come prepared, it's one of the best times to go, (in my opinion.)
I think we'll make this a new tradition as well.
Grandpa and Grandma with just the grand kids.
The next three days were all about Family. For the most part we all stuck together and hit lands and rides together.
There are 17 grandkids aging from 18-3 years old. They are all the best of friends and had so much fun hanging out with each other in the happiest place on earth..
Our cute little Family.
To add to all the excitement...Adam's dad, Marilee, his sister and her family popped in for a couple days as well.
It was so much fun going on the rides with everyone. At each ride the cast member would ask us how many we had in our party and then just laugh when we told them how many of us there were. We'd usually fill up the entire boat, or have to take several different ones to get us all on. (We almost sunk the boat on Pirates of the Caribbean because they got us all to fit in one boat)
Thunder Mountain Railroad...
and The Grizzly Run...
and here is Calli after Grizzly run. I'm such a wimp and wear my poncho when I go on this ride so I don't get very wet, but Calli is a die hard and got totally soaked.
Here we all are on Jungle cruise...
Another fun thing about going with family is you have a lot of choices of who you're going to sit by on each ride...
Here is Adam and Tyson (oldest nephew) together and...
You also never know who's going to end up in your family pictures with you. We had Kassi and Jantzyn (cousins) with us through most of Toon Town.
OR...
who's going to end up in your stroller. I think each of the cousins took a turn in our stroller, we never knew who we were going to be pushing. That's what's so great about families...everyone just looks after each others kids. If someone had been watching they would have had no clue which kids belonged with which parents because we all just meshed together.
I think by far my girls would say that the best part of the trip was being with their cousins, they had so much fun!
Here's Ashyln, Jorrin, Jadyn, Calli, Sadie and Jaicelyn huddled together in the elevator of Haunted Mansion.
Sadie hanging out with her two best cousins, Kassi and Jaicelyn. These three girls are only 6 months apart.
Best little buddies and cousins, Gentry and Jantzyn.
Ashlyn and Calli are just a month a part.
After our fun filled days we'd all head to dinner together. Here we are taking up the whole back end of Tony Romas.
The cousins walking from Tony Romas to the hotel in "the hoodie train." It was so funny seeing the looks on peoples faces as we passed them on the street, especially when some of us adults jumped in and joined the train...
I loved looking through your pictures...just looking at Disneyland makes me happy! It would be so fun to go as a huge family! Im glad you had fun!!!
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you guys had a blast! I wish we would have gone at the same time as you guys. I don't think we even got on half the rides in the two days that we were there.
ReplyDelete