Friday, April 9, 2010

Field Day + 2

This year we had 2 field days to go to and they just happened to be back to back. Sadie had her's on Wednesday and Calli's was on Thursday. Luckily the days were nice this year and I was actually able to get a little bit of sun.
Well, as always Sadie surprised us again. She likes to keep her talents and ablilites under her hat and then...Ta Da! The morning of Field Day she wasn't too sure about going because she said "she doesn't like to run." Which is true; she didn't want to play soccer this year because it's alway's way to much running, but what's funny is when she did play soccer she didn't run...she fluttered around the field like a butterfly.  So I thought I was coming to be supportive and watch Sadie "flutter" down the track...holy cow, can that girl actually run...who knew.  She ran the 50 and the 100 and made it into the finals in the 100, but then her victory stopped there...but who cares I was so darn proud of her, first for just getting out there and running and second for giving it her all and making it into the finals. Way to go Sadie...you just keep surprising us.
Calli on the other hand Loves Field Day and was all pumped up. The night before the big day she got on the treadmill and ran to "Train"...so cute!   Each year she has ran she has made it to District...but this year she's in the 6th grade and  playing with the big dogs now!  She ran the 1600...yes, the mile and 4 times around the track and the 800.  I about had a heart attack just watching her, I was exhausted. She did great and ran the entire way.  She came in 6th out of 9th on both races.  She was a little upset, but I was tickled pink with her guts and determination. Don't tell Calli, but I was also a little glad not to have to go to district again this year.  Way to go Girls, I'm so proud of you and all your accomplishments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.