It's been 4 weeks since his scare. Since then he has had 5 episodes, three littler ones and 2 pretty good ones. The last one was one week ago and was a good one. He was up laying on our bed and I went up to ask him something. As soon as I walked in I knew something was up. He was as
pale as a ghost and clammy. I asked him if he had just had one and he said he was having one right then. I walked over and put my hand on his chest. I could feel his heart racing and pounding. He did one of his "shock and stop" techniques (I made that name up myself) and immediately I could feel his heart slow down and get back on track. It was the weirdest feeling. I can't even imagine what it makes him feel like though. That was the last one he's had up to date and is the longest he's gone without having one. Last Friday, was his ECO. The entire test took about 40 minutes. It was interesting to watch. It was basically a ultrasound of his heart. They took dozens of pictures and video of his heart in different spots, in different colors, some with sound (his heart beats) and some with him breathing heavily, holding his breath, flexing his stomach muscles etc. We will get the results
from that test in another week. We are hoping it was just the electrical issue that we can manage on our own and that it's not connected with his mom's heart condition (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy). But either way, we'll be fabulous and move forward. Another thing moving forward are the hospital bills...wow...we've only received a few of them so far mainly for the ER stay and the ambulance ride...thank goodness for insurance and monthly payment plans...oh well, life goes on right? No need complaining about it. Anyway, I'll keep you updated and let you know about the results.
Way lucky you have insurance! I didnt know you had that. Hospital bills are no fun, but thanks to monthly payments, they are always just one of our bills :-)
ReplyDelete