Thursday, April 12, 2012

General Conference and April Fools!

This year General Conference fell on Aprils Fools Day.  We started out our day by watching the first session of General Conference.  We had my niece and nephew for the weekend so they got to join in on the fun.


I made a General Conference basket with all sorts of activities: General Conference Packet, puzzles, crafts, crayons, egg decorating kit etc. and then lots of munchies.


 On each item was a picture of a general authority. Whenever a general authority spoke they would find his picture in the basket and get to either eat that munchie or do the activity that his picture was on.  

While the kids were working on activities in their basket I was rotating 72-hour kits.  I try to do this each General Conference, but missed October so I was a rotation behind.  I had also been asked to give a 15 minute class at Relief Society the following Tuesday on 72-hour kits so I was going through them for that as well. One of my favorites things to do is pull out the kids clothes and see who's had a growth spurt. This year it was Calli. Haha That is so hilarious! I pray we will never have to wear the outfits in our kits!
In between sessions Adam and I did a "mixed up lunch" (Thanks Kristen for the idea) We had a menu for everyone that was written entirely in Italian. On the menu were 16 items and 4 courses. They had to write down 4 numbers (not knowing what they were) in each course and then were served one course at a time. Adam and I served up each plate for each course. It was so funny. We were laughing so hard in the kitchen as we figured out what each person was getting.


The first course Kassi got a toothpick, salt, pepper and a straw.  What are the odds? It was hilarious.

Calli sucking her Jello out with a straw!
During the different courses we had some eating jello with their hands, ice cream with toothpicks, etc.  They had so much fun.  They have each asked several times when we can do it again.
After lunch Adam and I played a few tricks on the girls.  This one we asked them if they wanted to see a magic trick. We then got a cup of water and asked someone to drop a penny in it. (This was just for show) Then I climbed up on a stool, put the rim of the cup against the ceiling and then held it up with a broom handle. I asked if someone could hold it while I  climbed  down. Calli volunteered.  After I got down I moved the stool and walked away, leaving her there stranded holding this cup of water up by the broom. Eventually she gave in and dropped the cup trying to move out of the way before it soaked her. It was so much fun. Love those days when your kids actually think you are cool!

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad you did the fun dinner idea! It was a huge hit at our house!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.