This was our first camping trip of the summer and the first time we got to take out the trailer since we bought it from dad Peterson at the end of summer last year, so we were all a little excited.
We went to our usually spot in Enterprise. We have been coming to this exact camp ground since Calli was 2 years old. It always brings back old memories and we love making new ones.
Calli 14, Sadie 11, and Gentry 8 years old.
The girls got right to work moving their stuff in and making it home. They even brought hangers so they could hang their clothes up in the closets.
Of course, one of our first adventures was to head to the reservoir. We took Dad Peterson's boat again and had a ball. Adam and Gentry going for a pedal.
After a while Calli and Sadie decided they could do it by themselves. It was windy that day so we were a little worried they wouldn't be able to control it and we'd be swimming out after them to pull them back in, but that did great and handled it really well. Calli and Gentry went out as well and made up a dance with their oars...very entertaining.
Sadie and I hanging on the shore together.
Calli fishing
Sadie fishing and throwing sticks to Troy so he won't get her fishing line,
and Gentry entertaining herself and me with her sweet dance moves.
Over the next 2 days we went to the reservoir 3 times. On the first day Adam caught a fish and then on the last day all three girls caught their own fish. It was so cool. They each reeled one in within an hour of each other.
Calli caught her's out on the boat with Adam.
Sadie wasn't having much luck on the shore so after seeing Calli's success she went out in the boat with Adam and within a few minutes pulled one in herself.
Gentry who was more interested in swimming and "dancing" decided to give it a try as well. She went out in the boat with Adam but didn't have much luck. They came back on shore and Adam cast her a line out just to occupy her while he started cleaning up and sure enough she pulled in her first fish.
Adam helping her get it off her line. I love this picture, look at that smile, she was so excited.
Calli was all over the gutting process. She helped Adam with the first two being a little hesitant to cut off it's head but willing to do the rest, but then decided she wanted to try the other 2 all my herself and she did. This is the part that she takes after Adam. I have never gutted a fish nor do I ever want to. Sadie and Gentry were happy to just watch...they take after me.
We also enjoyed making ice cream,
(the girls rolling their ice cream down the rocks)
Playing games with cousins.
(Issac and Lindee and my mom and dad came up to visit, eat and play with us)
hiking and
exploring,
On Friday, there was a Cougar sighting just one camp site over from ours, so after that the girls stayed pretty close to camp where we could see them at all times.
lots and lots of dancing to Justin Bieber and HSM in the trailer,
Playing Salon,
(Lately the girls have been wearing their hair in buns on top of their heads and they decided I needed one too. )
Playing with Troy
Gentry cuddling with Troy around the fire.
By the end of each day the girls were tuckered out. Gentry all snuggled up ready for bed. I got so spoiled having a trailer to camp in that I am now hooked, I told Adam I may never sleep in a tent again.
Calli and Troy sleeping on the ride home.
I decided that camping is one of the best ways to unite a family. We had a great time and I loved spending that time with my family.

.jpg)
















No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.