Friday, September 7, 2012

Losee Reunion

Another Losee reunion in Delta!
This reunion is usually the epitome of TRADITION. We do the same thing year after year. But this year the weather threw us a curve ball. This was the first year since I can remember that we didn't go to the "Hard Pan" sooo we had to find our own fun! 
We went to the park as usual and ate lunch and visited. 
My dad and his brother Dean.

Adam and I chilling at the park!

Then some of the grand kids ran across the street to check out DI. 


Just as they got there and realized it was closed it started to rain and hail. Calli, Talen, Tavin and Jorrin were stuck on the porch. They couldn't go in or come back. It was quite comical watching them trying to decide what to do. 
Calli finally decided to be the leader and took off out in the rain and back across the street. She was soaked. 
This is the size of the hail that was coming down. 
After the park the weather cleared up just enough for the grand kids to go swimming at the hotel.
After swimming we ventured back over to the park for dinner.
After a while everyone got bored and took off but not my family we hung out until about 11:00pm entertaining ourselves.
And what do you know...the shirtless warriors showed up. Yes these are my blood relatives people. Did I mention there's not a lot to do in Delta. 

The next day we went to check out the farm where my dad grew up. 
This is the little 2 bedroom house that my dad his parents and 3 siblings lived in until their bigger house was built. 
My dad checking out his humble beginnings...probably thinking he can't believe 7 people lived there. 
The bigger house with the littler one behind it. 
We walked around and checked things out with instructions from my dad not to go in the house. It has sat for so long that it's not very safe. After a few minutes I realized I hadn't seen Adam and two of my brothers for a while. Then someone tells me they are in the basement of the house...why does it not surprise me? After he came out and I gave him a what for and told him he was going to die from hauntavirus, my curiosity got the best of me and I found myself inside checking things out for myself. It was soo cool. It's was crazy, they just up and moved one day and left so much stuff in the house. It has sat untouched for years. 
An old TV set.
The front living room still with furniture and books on the shelves.
The Kitchen
Clothes still hanging in the closet.
This is the old coal shaft in the basement. 
It was really neat to see the old stomping grounds of my dad. There was a lot of really cool stuff, if I had dared to touch anything I might have carried some stuff out. 
That night...Don't even ask...haha!

Sunday afternoon we had family pictures taken. I'll post pictures when I get them. We went to the railroad tracks, by some tractors and out to a corn field. I can't wait to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.