Sunday, May 31, 2015

Memorial Day!

The girls got really creative and decided to make their own pool in the back of Calli's truck. I was cracking up the entire time as I listened to some of their comments.  
Sadie - "This is the best idea we've ever had"
Calli - "Wow, this worked better then I thought"
Sadie - "We should drive it around the neighborhood"
Calli - "Let's drive it down to the park and handout Popsicles"
Sadie - "It's like a car pool, no a truck Pool"
Calli - "We should call it our Tool"
It really did turn out better than I thought, it worked great!
 Filling it up
 Truck bed + old pool cover Adam had in the back yard + water = endless summer fun!
 Just relaxing in their new "Cold Tub"

 Enjoying their invention


 I went out and put my feet in it and just sat and watched them play for hours. It was awesome!
 Otterpop Garden
 Okay, Let's go under...1,2,3..
 Somebody didn't go under...

 Sadie swimming laps. She said "it's way funner when you actually 'swim' in it."

Getting ready to pull the plug.  After hours of "swimming in their makeshift pool" (we were heading to Enterprise to visit mom's grave and didn't want to leave it full) we let down the tail gate. 

The water rushed out and they held on for dear life. They all made it out alive, only Sadie got a goose egg when the pump that was helping hold the cover fell on her head. Ouch! 
I think we found a new summer activity. I have a feeling this won't be the last time they fill up their pool.
That afternoon we drove to Enterprise to visit Mom Peterson's grave with Travis, Issac, Lindee,
 Weston and Shaylee.  

Afterwards we came back to our house ordered pizza and played games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.