Saturday, April 28, 2018

100 Books of Mormon

Hola guapos! Get ready for a email full of miracles, de verdad I don't think I can fit all of them in one email but here we go! This week we had an intercombio (I don't know what it is in English, but it's when you are with one of the sister training leaders for a day and your companion is with the other) and anyone who has served a mission knows that intercombio miracles are a real thing! We contacted thing young man and after a couple seconds his friend came up and told us that he was a member. He told us his whole family was baptized his sister is on a mission, he moved to Spain a couple months ago and said his mom has been praying for him to find the church but he didn't think the church was here. He is here alone working. He told us for the very first time in a long time he said a prayer that morning. #miracle He was so happy and asked to take a picture with us to send to his mom and said "she is going to cry when she sees this" his friend is not a member and we will be meeting with them both this week and he is so excited to come to church! Also WOW!.. This Monday we had St Jordi, which is a holiday here in Catalonia (they literally have a holiday every week it's crazy) for this holiday the boys give roses to the girls and the girls give books to the boys. And because the church is genius!.. We took advantage of this day and made a stand to give out Books of Mormon!!!! And IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!! We did it in a park and the elders stood at the table and handed out books and me and my companion walked around and contacted people and handed out books! A few members even came and helped us hand out books and contact people, it was amazing! We handed out more than 100 Books of Mormon. Wow, I can't even tell you all of the miracles but a couple: we separated to hand out and work more effectively I contacted one lady and at first she didn't want anything but as I talked to her she started asking questions about the Book of Mormon and I explained it to her she loved it and she sat on the park bench for at least 30 minutes reading it. The next day our investigator told me that I had talked to her friend and gave her a Book of Mormon, she loves it and wants to learn more and come to church but didn't have our number, we got her number from Dina! Then one of the elders contacted a lady who lived in our area she wanted to meet that same day a couple hours later. We met with her that night and had a member help us, we explained the Book of Mormon and the promise that she can know for herself. We invited her to be baptized and she said yes without hesitation. We said the last prayer and she began to cry. It was a powerful lesson she is one of the elect that God has prepared. We are so excited for her her name is Gloria and she has 3 girls that are all about the same age as me, Sadie and Gentry. We then found a family from Chile who had been studying with the missionaries for a long time but when they moved here they lost contact. When she was given a Book of Mormon she ran her hand across it and with tears in her eyes said "I have a lot of good memories about this book" they are amazing! And we will be meeting with them tonight! I think my favorite part of the whole day was literally seeing EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN THE PARK WITH A BOOK OF MORMON! There were about 6 big benches on both sides of the park just filled with people and almost every person had a Book of Mormon in their hands, I wanted to cry! I began talking to some grandpas and they loved it they asked me for church cards to help hand out to people. They then grabbed one of their friends hand in the park and told me his friend needed a book and helped me explain it! I remembered I turned around and saw the bench behind me full of people and almost everyone with a book and I yelled "who needs a book" a couple of older ladies yelled "she needs one!" Pointing to a lady next to them. And she took the book! It was literally amazing so many miracles!!!! God loves his children and missionaries!  Last night I played the ukulele at a family home evening and got a phone call from our investigator Jose' this morning saying he was in the music store looking for a ukulele and needed my help and wanted classes! Hahaha I died, the investigators are buying them now! Also WOW one of the happiest things ever!!!!! Agostina is on her mission, LeAndro is thinking about a mission and preparing for one. And I just got an email from Mati saying he has now received the Melchizedek priesthood, has a date to get his temple recommend interview, he will be teaching Sunday school classes in English for the people who need it and he just got the calling as has been set apart as a ward missionary. Oh my goodness my heart!!!! Ahhh I just want to say THIS IS TRUE JOY!!!!!!!!!!!! I've never been so happy in my life! I didn't know I could feel so happy!!!! There is nothing like seeing someone you love come to know their Heavenly Father! I love this Gospel! Also just to end this crazy long email! I just want to end with my testimony that I know this is God's true church on the earth and I know thanks to our Savior we can live with our families forever! I had a very special week this week. It was my little cousins Zadocks birthday this week as well as my Grandma Peterson who both passed away when I was 11( and to finish the week it was my parents 23rd year Anniversary.) I remember the day of my grandma's birthday (the day of the intercombio) I didn't say anything to anyone but I was then looking in my companions tablet and saw the song "Bring Him Home" from Les Mis on her tablet (which is kind of mine and my grandma's song and a big reason why we were so close) I played the song and tears welled up in my eyes a little. My companion noticed and I told her what was happening and it was my grandma's birthday. She then said "Wow, Grandma says hi" Wow. I have such a strong testimony that really death is not the end. That because of a loving Heavenly Father and His Plan, I will see my Grandma cousin and family again. As well as, they are our guardian angels here on earth. That because my parents were faithfully married in the house of the Lord our family can be together forever. That families are eternal. And for me that is my biggest blessing from God. I LOVE my family and are so grateful for them as well as a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who made it possible. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad I love you both!!!! Sorry for the long email but dang KINGDOM OF GOD OR NOTHING! have an amazing week love and praying for you all!  #blessup
Intercombio



St Jordi Festival



100 Books of Mormon

P-day Fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.