Monday, April 16, 2018

Proud to be an American!

I had a neat experience the other day, I remember once a return missionary told me that the spirit that you have on the mission is amazing. He told me that on the mission he could literally feel which way they needed to go and they always found someone. In the moment I wasn't sure if I really believed him but this week my testimony grew in this. It is amazing how the spirit works on the mission I can't believe it sometimes. The other day me and my companion were walking super late at night we only had about an hour left and we were were both so tired and it was raining and we were freezing cold and didn't have jackets. So we were going to stop and go inside to make phone calls and area book. On the way I literally felt and thought the words, "not yet there's something else." So I told my companion that I wanted to do a circle before she was a little mad haha but we did the awkwardest circle ever and followed one of our investigators for 10 minutes by accident haha, but I just kept thinking and thinking there's something else, and so I contacted everyone I could in this street and we contacted one man, and as we talked to him he told us he loved the Mormons and loved the way they lived. But he thought that Mormons weren't really open to other people and we said "no no that's why we're here to share what we believe with others!" He was so excited and literally told us, I have a lot of interest I want to meet with you girls, I want to hear your message! Wow, as soon as we left I looked at my companion and said, it was him. God loves his children so much! and he knows his children who are prepared. Also being an American has really come in handy, I am now teaching English classes and I have found that people absolutely love it when I say "hi" to them in the streets in English! It has become my new contacting trick. We have had many lessons because people have stopped me in the street asking if I am from the United States. Apparently I look very very American haha. And there are no Americans here just the missionaries. But I have seen a lot of miracles in this. Thanks mom and dad for being American!💙❤🗯Anyway, this week we had interviews and president asked me to share an impression I had this week in my studies and I didn't realize the impact it had on me and I wanted to share it with all of you. Pues.... in my Book of Mormon I am studying about the atonement and while reading about Christ and the love he has for us. I remembered that for my whole life I have always been told that Christ is our older brother. And I started thinking I'm that. I am the oldest in my family and for my whole life I never liked being the oldest, have always wanted an older brother (mostly because I would know all of his cute friends pero bueno😂) and I thought of how my perfect older brother would be, and with experiences that always happened in my life. That if I broke something in the house he would pay for it, if I couldn't. If I came home late one night, he would talk to mom and dad for me. If I ran out of gas somewhere in my truck, he would come and find me and take me home. And the thing is that our Savior did all of this for us but on a much larger scale. He paid for our sins and sufferings. He is pleading our cause to the Father. And when we are lost he will always come and find us to bring us home.  I testify that Christ is so much more than just a prophet in the bible who lived a long time ago. He is the son of God, and He really is our older brother! He loves us all so much! And knows us and understands us  all personally and perfectly. He the perfect example to us of how we should live our lives. I love my Savior, and I am so grateful for the mission and through my mission more than anything I feel I have really come to have a personal relationship with him.  He loves each of us and is there always. Love you all so so much! And miss you all! Can't believe I only have 8 more months on the greatest mission on this earths great face! I love being here with all my heart! And I am so grateful everyday for my family and friends and everyone who helped me be here! Love you all and praying for you all! Have am amazing holy week! And I will be emailing on Wednesday this next week para que sepa. 

 Mati came to Sabadell to visit for preparation day!
He bought them food like usual. 
Ruben and Maria
Making arrepas with Ruben and Maria 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.