Gentry had gone to the high school football game and came home, casually walked into our room and said "oh ya, I forgot to show you, I have this rash. She pulled up her shirt to show her stomach and I'm pretty sure our jaws hit the floor. This rash covered her entire body. How could she have "forgotten" about it. :)
It didn't bother her at all. It didn't itch or hurt so we just figured it was an allergic reaction to something and that it would look better in the morning. She was really hoping it would because she didn't want to miss school. I woke up the next morning to go check on her and the rash had gotten worse. All the little spots were coming together and forming big patches of red and...she was very hot to the touch. This is what worried me the most because an allergic rash is usually not accompanied by fever. I called into work to let them know I wouldn't be in and woke Bo up and told her we were heading to instacare.
At the doctors office waiting for the doctor.
The doctor walked in and went "hmmm." As he looked her over and asked questions he said "interesting" followed by "you never want to hear your doctor say interesting" haha! He was stumped and wanted to run some blood tests. This was the first time she had her blood drawn and was such a champ. They tested white and red blood cells, kidney and liver function and even mono. All the results came back normal. He resulted that it was "Drug Fever" an allergic reaction to an antibiotic she had been taking for a week and a half for acne.
We grabbed lunch and went home and hung out in my bed all day. Over the course of the next few days it slowly started to fade but began to itch as well. After refusing over and over she finally caved and took an oatmeal bath. This helped a lot. It eventually went away but man, what a weird adventure we went on!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.