Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Elephant Arch

 We are on a hiking kick right now. Three hikes in three weeks. We're loving it and live in the perfect area for hiking. This one was my favorite so far. The elephant Arch was definitely worth the climb. 

But this guy does not like to follow directions, paths trails or maps. He's more of a "Trail Blazer" We managed it again... to turn a 3.8 mile hike into a 7.9 mile hike. Another doozy but so fun!

We could see Sand Hollow Reservoir. 


Why do I continue to FOLLOW him?..Oh, Ya, I really enjoy the VIEW:)


Love  these views too!







After 2 hours (the entire hike usually takes 1 1/2 hours, we found the elephant arch trail. 
Thought this was funny when I saw it. They must not know who I'm hiking with. 


Hiking up to the arch to take a closer look. 

Checking out a cool cave. 

The views in and of the arch were so awesome. 


We rested and ate our snacks and  drank our Body Armor in the Arch.  We had it all to ourselves for about 30 minutes. That's mostly because everyone else is usually ending their hike as we are just getting started. 








We did a timed selfie with the phone. It was so funny, watching Adam hit the button and then scramble back up the rocks in 10 seconds before the picture took. He did it...several times!!



Just Us!



Elephant Arch



Hiking back down. 


Trudging through the sand dunes!
Remains from the Green Springs fire. 
Some of the comments we were making on this hike were so funny, I had to write them down so I could remember them:
-"I swear we are only going up on this hike, at what point do we get to go down."
-"I think we went down the wrong Canyon"
-Looking straight up a mountain - "I think we go up"
-"The trail should be close"...over and over again
 - Um, there's a fence, with barbwire, yeah"
But we made it and made great memories along the way. I sure love spending time in nature with Adam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.