Monday, September 28, 2020

Weekend Fun!

September 19th-20th - Calli had told us that Mati was coming to town for the weekend to hang out with all of us. Jason wasn't too thrilled about it, where Mati had told Calli he liked her a few weeks prior. Knowing we were going to have both of them around all weekend, we planned some fun activities to help Calli juggle them both. 
Saturday, we went to New Castle Reservoir for the day. Sadie was with Austin who had come down for her birthday. 
All set up for a day of fun!
Gentry already relaxing!
Adam had just bought this new motorized fishing paddle board and was taking it out on it's maiden voyage. 
It was a big hit!
And even more important, he loved it!


While Adam was fishing I decided I would walk around the entire reservoir.

There were a lot of rocks and cliffs I had to climb up and over, but besides being nervous to see a snake, it was great. 
Half way across. 

Adam kept popping in to check on me and see if needed a ride back..
But I kept trudging along. For the most part it was a leisurely walk around the water. A few hairy parts where I had to climb and walk across a bunch of loose rocks but nothing too bad...until I was about 3/4 of the way done and ran into a swamp. It was not visible until right up on it. The swamp went on for like 200 yards. I tried to walk across it but kept sinking in the mud. I thought for a minute about walking around it but it would have 1. Taken forever and 2. I would have to have gotten really close to some grazing cows. So I decided to find the narrowest neck in the reservoir and cross. I took a few steps and it was about knee deep. About half way across it was up to my thighs. I took another step and it was to my waist. I was getting pretty nervous at this point and thought about turning back but I was so close, maybe 5 steps away from the other side so I kept taking step after step getting my feet stuck in the mud under the water.  When all of a sudden without warning it dropped off and the water was up to my chest. I panicked but realized I had to keep going.  I was just praying over and over again that I could get through and that it wouldn't go over my head with my feet stuck in the mud.  Another step and my air pods stopped working and I realized my phone was in my pocket. I pulled it out and with my hands over my head took the last few steps before making it to the other side.  I was shaking from the nerves. I started walking barefoot back when Adam showed up in the boat. I was happy to jump on and take a ride back. He said that he was on his way to check on me and saw me crossing the water when he saw my head disappear. He thought I had gone under and panicked, his little motor could only go so fast so he was relieved when he saw me emerge onto the shore. Me too!
After getting back and thinking about it,  I realized how dumb it was and how I really could have been in trouble. I was a little shaken up for a bit as I kept thinking about the "what ifs"I was praying so hard and was so thankful, that Heavenly Father listened.  
It was about this time that Calli, Jason and Mati showed up so we had a great time the rest of the day. 
This girl getting geared up to go out on the paddle boat. 
She can make anything look cool. 
She soon became a pro and drove that thing all over the reservoir. 
Adam caught a fish while fishing from the shore. 

It was a keeper. 
Everyone took a turn out on the paddle boat. 



And riding or driving the razor. This was Mati's FAVORITE. He kept saying "this is the best thing I've done in America so far" He loved it. He even got behind the wheel and took it for a spin. 

Then Adam and I were going to jump in go looking for camp sites for future camping trips and Mati jumped in with us. He is so fun and so easy to have around. We all fell in love  with him instantly. While on the ride, The Eye of the Tiger song came on and Mati said "This is your song sir, push it to the limit" and then he'd scream and laugh as Adam took him on a joy ride. 
Boy, you'd think after having the razor for the last year, she'd know how to put her headphones on by now. Haha!
We had a blast just relaxing, chatting, and eating in-between razor rides and paddle boat rides.  


Adam caught another fish and told Gentry if he kept it she'd have to gut it. 
Calli teaching Gentry the ways!
It was hilarious. She was disgusted by the entire thing, but kept going until she had gutted and skinned her first fish. 


After a fun filled day we came back to the house for games, Hamburgers and Mati's Argentinian Appetizer. 
Whip Cream Challenge...Mati's first time. 
Happy Salmon. We played games well into the night before everyone headed home around 1:00am. 
Mati cooking for us
Adam BBQing the Hamburgers.
Beautiful night. 
Mati's masterpiece. I can't remember what it was called but it was like a potato and egg omelet. So good. 
Love having my crew all here. 
Sunday, they all came back over for more of Mati's cooking. Oh.my.gosh this pasta was amazing. Look at my serving size and yes, I finished the entire thing. We were sad to see Mati go but told him he was welcome back anytime. He is the cutest. I want to adopt him and be his American Family. Overall, Calli did great balancing the two boys and we all had a great time being together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.