Monday, March 31, 2025

Chicks and Ducks

Adam has wanted chickens for a while now but I wasn't in love with the idea. BUT...I finally caved and he got a birthday surprise from all of us. Calli had seen me put a chicken coop in my amazon cart and asked if we were getting chickens. I told her I was getting a coop and chickens could come later. She asked if they could get the chickens. All the kids met at Cal Ranch together and they each picked out a chicken. They showed up to our house with 6 chickens and 1 duck :)
Text from Calli saying they were on their way. 
Parked out on the road so Adam wouldn't see them. They came through the front door singing Happy Birthday. He was so surprised. He had no idea. Plus, it was a few days before his birthday (and the last day Cal Ranch would have chicks) so it really flew him for a loop. :)
I don't know who was more excited. 
Adam got right to work building the coop. 
Meet: Tank (Gentry's duck), Zazu, (Mine and the orange one) Jet, (Nick's and the little black one) Chicken Joe, (Carters the other little black one) Scuttle, (Calli's the yellow one) Cinnamon Queen, (Sadie's the brown one) and Hey Hey, (Levi's the one with the mohawk)

Cute little guys!
Of course, Calli's is the trouble maker. 

The coop is complete. After a few weeks of keeping them in the garage, we moved them outside. They were so much happier and active. I think they love their new home. 
The duck even likes his new swimming pool. 
Ky is so confused by them. But he doesn't seem to bother them or want to hurt them. 


Well here's to our new life of being chicken farmers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.