Monday, November 17, 2008

Bitter Sweet!

After 14 years of serving in the primary, my streak came to an end. It's no secret in my ward how much I adore Primary. So when I got a phone call asking me to meet the Bishop right before church I was a little suspicious, but put it out of my head. We had only been in our new presidency for a year and half. Then when they called back again and requested that Adam be there too, I immediately knew and started to cry. I didn't sleep much that night. I was really nervous and sat in the foyer with my brave face on...until they opened the Bishops door to invite me in, the tears started again. I cried through the entire interview. The Bishop had said that this is something that they had been fighting with for a while now. They kept putting it off knowing how much I loved Primary. But there is no fighting against the spirit, once that confirmation is there. They released me from being 1st co. in the Primary and called me to be 2nd co. in the young women's. I think I was shocked for a minute, and can't remember what was said after that. I haven't been in Young Women's since I was one. So, there is no point in saying I was scared out of my mind, but I accepted. We ran home and got the girls and then came back for sacrament where the changes would take place. Again, I cried. The Bishop looked at me and I felt bad that I wasn't making this easy for him. After Sacrament I went to Primary for the last time. I even had to conduct, I bawled the whole time. I bore my testimony to the children and told them how much I will miss them. I am going to miss primary very much especially the Awesome Presidency that I have been working with. These Women are so amazing. I have learned so much from each of them and feel honored to have been able to serve with them. Kristen , Lori, and Andrea I feel truly blessed to have you as friends and am excited to continue our friendship outside of Primary. However, I was really excited to hear who was replacing me. Deborah you will do Awesome. It was kinda funny, you'd have thought I had a baby or something, I had so many people in the ward calling to congratulate me and others calling to see if I was okay. The day was hard, but as time went on I found my self getting more and more excited. I now know that this truly was an inspired call from our Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful to Sydnee and the Bishopric for being in tune to receive this inspiration in my behalf. The Lord knows us better that we know ourselves and what we need and when. I'm just glad their are righteous people that The Lord trusts to be Instruments in his hands and to receive this information when I come up short. (You always here about those people that had a feeling or knew it was coming, I had no idea. )I am so grateful for this calling and fell truly blessed. I am so excited to work with the wonderful women in Young Women's and all that I will learn from them.I am also really excited to get to know the girls. My biggest prayer is that I can teach them as much as I'm sure they will teach me. (Calli, Sadie and Gentry, I will miss you the most, but look forward to seeing Calli come into Young Womens next year.

6 comments:

  1. You will be wonderful in the yound womens program. They are all so lucky to have you there! I'm really thinking that girls camp is ging to be a blast, I just picture you in your element at girls camp, and it's suprising that this wil be your first time serving in the YW's.

    That being sad I'm still sad and I still cried when I read this, but I do feel a lot better about it today! I guess if you ever get bored you can come visit us and ditch sunday school...(i hope I dont get in trouble for that one)

    YOU ARE THE BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robyn I love your ability to turn any situation into something funny. I will miss hearing your laughter, and your sweet spiritual sharing times! Thank you for teaching me so much in Primary! You are such a wonderful example! I loved getting to know you and we will miss you! The Young Women are so blessed to have you! I am totally with Kristin on you ditching Sunday School to come in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats... I am so excited now we share yw activies and ideas on what worked and was fun. You will love the girls and especially have fun when Calli comes in. I love being part of Jadyn's YW life and now Jor too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Missy- you are going to be so attached to YW so fast it's ridiculus. I've been in for 2 years now and it is so much fun!!! You are so creative as well you are going to be awesome. I am so excited for you I will have to let you know all my great place to get ideas. Happy late bday by the way- and I cant believe you are going to have a YW! WE ARE OLD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you want to see Twilight again with us girls...and I hope you dont care when you get multiple comments all from me, because thats just the way I usually do it! :) Did you go to mutual last night? how was it?

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.