Sadie just turned eight and is totally stoked about activity days and her Faith in God book. So last night she did family home evening for us to pass off a goal. She did such a great job. First she read a scripture to us about Joseph Smith. Then, Sadie had made pages to the Golden Plates and hid them around the room, we had to find them and put them in order. Next, she told the story of the First Vision using paper dolls she had made using the
cricut. Then we sang the song "Love one Another", which she called on Adam to lead us... with sign
language. Needless to say, I was wiping tears watching Adam try and get through this song. Lastly, we had refreshments. She had asked me earlier to make some Rice
Krispies treats and then she secretly molded them into Joseph Smith and Jesus, adding eyes and hair etc. with food coloring. Pretty creative actually, but when it came time to eat them we were all having a hard time eating Joseph and Jesus. Adam and I were laughing so hard but trying to contain ourselves so we didn't hurt her feelings. Finally we all dug in. Calli announced "Hey I got Jesus' head. More laughing and more tears. It was a very eventful Family Home Evening. I think we have a future Primary President in our family... and a primary chorister. Good Job Sadie, we love ya! (Sorry there's no pictures, somethings up with my camera, I'll try to post some later)
Does Adam know sign language? That sounds like an awesome family home evening...guess what we did, oh yeah nothing! Paula's made me totally sick and I spent the night throwing up!
ReplyDeleteI must say I have never heard of a Jesus rice krispie treat before, sounds unique :)
I am curious why my blog doesn't update on yours though??
How cute is she!? I love the spirit that children have! I have to admit the Jesus and Joseph Smith Rice Krispies make me laugh!
ReplyDeleteI am tempted to be a loser follower and add the Twilight countdown to my blog, it's already on as my wallpaper for my laptop. SO if you come to my blog and I decided to add that widget, it's just because I want to be like you!
ReplyDeleteHow funny. sounds like a great FHE!
ReplyDeleteSo, Brittany went ahead a won tickets to the midnight showing of Twilight right? Well, I'm pretty sure ryan is not all that interested in going to see it with me and I was wondering what your plans are? Are you going to see the movie? Is there a group of you going? And last but not least of my questions...Can I bum along? :) Talk to you later. Jen
Hi! Well, Brittany I think is still the Die Hard Fan of Twilight. I will admit I have lost some of the enthusiasm. I didn't love the 4th book. Anyway I am still very excited to see the movie. Brittany is taking her step Daughter to the midnight showing and i didn't even consider it! So, I was getting on here to write back and tell you I would see what I could do about getting tickets and talking Ryan into coming I think a double date sounds like fun BUT...I just realized, as I was typing, Ryan and I are doing foster care classes that weekend. So, if it is really good (you'll have to let me know) Maybe we'll have to get a bunch of us girls together and go to a matinee( is that how you spell it?) and see it again and do lunch or something. If it totally stinks we'll just do lunch :) Thanks for letting me bum along even if I am forgetful of my own schedule. :)
ReplyDeleteThat was to funny. If our family home evenings were that eventful maybe we would have them a little more often. I'll give Liam a couple more years and who knows what kind of Monday night madness we'll have on our hands.
ReplyDeleteOMG! I cannot stop laughing at your FHE treats! Seriously though, how creative are your girls! I love hearing about your cute adventures with your kids. Disneyland was darling too! Remember YW camp a couple years ago? That was fun, and you'll do great in there! Primary will sure have some BIG shoes to feel without you there. Congrats, and Goodluck!
ReplyDelete