We had been promising Calli since she could walk that we would take her to the top of the Red Mountain...it only took us 10 years to keep our promise. Saturday we took all the girls to the TOP of the Red Mountain. What an adventure. We had so much fun. Adam was raised climbing the red mountain and knew all the trails and the easiest spots to climb. It took us 5 hours to go up and back. The girls did great. Calli was our fearless leader, she lead the pack with Adam instructing her which way to go and kept her eye out for snakes. Adam and I kept Sadie and Gentry between us. Sadie was our informer, always letting us know if there were loose rocks ahead, or how much further we had to go. Gentry was our little Spider Monkey. She scaled that mountain, practically running at times. Her favorite part was yelling "heads up" when she knocked a rock loose. It was a pretty good hike but hard at times where it took both Adam and I to get the girls past some intense parts but it was so worth it. I was actually calmer than I thought I'd be except for when Adam took the girls to look down the crack while on top. I had a little freak moment. Being on top was awesome! We felt like we had conquered the world.
Taking a break on the first ledge.
A view of Ivins from the "sugar bowl"
We made it.
This is a view from on high.
Playing around on top. This tree is growing out of the rock and has been there forever. Adam used to camp by this tree when he was younger.
This is a view from on high.
Oh the days when I lived somewhere that you could actually do outdoor activities. Your daughters remind me so much of you at that age. You are such an excellent mom and wife!!!
ReplyDeleteI am so impressed with you guy going to the top! One day I will try it myself, my kids loved looking at the pictures and we were all curious what the 'sugar bowl' is...obviously we are not native Ivinites!
ReplyDelete