Monday, August 31, 2009

Gentry's turns 6!

I can't believe my baby is 6!
My girls get a big "friends" birthday party every other year. So I have a whole year to get it planned. I love planning big themed birthday parties. It 's so much fun to sit down with each of them and decide what theme, and cake they want that year. This year Gentry wanted a splash pad party....Easy. This was one of the simplest parties I've done, but still fun!

The Invites were "messages in a bottle"
Gentry at the Splash Pad, anxiously waiting for her friends to arrive.
On top of splashing around in the water they had otterpops, ice cream cone cupcakes, bubbles, a pinata' and games. The gift bags had sunglasses, bubbles, water squirters, leis, water balls, and candy in them.
Gentry going after the Pinata'.
Gentry opening her presents. She invited 15 friends and had all but three come. What a good turn out. She has such cute friends, it was a blast. As soon as the party was over we headed to Enterprise for the annual corn fest. Gentry and her Grandpa Petersons' birthday are just a day apart so we always celebrate them in Enterprise at the corn fest and then over to Adam's sister's house for a BBQ and cake and ice cream.
This year Gentry's request for her cake was interesting. I had her color me an example so that I could make sure I understood what she wanted.


Here's her request, a half pink and half blue, Blue's Clue cake.

I did the best I could - She loved it.
Six reason's I love Gentry on her 6th Birthday!
1. She tells me that she will always be my baby and will never stop giving me loves. She is such a cuddle bug, she still loves to snuggle, gives hugs and kisses. Recently, she has become the President of our families "Love Club."
2. She is HILARIOUS. She has always been so funny. We are always laughing and wondering where she gets some of the stuff that comes out of her mouth. ("I'm Bob" and "Mad Piggy" are some of my favorites)
3. She is so easy going. She is such a good and happy girl. She can be so shy at times. Not everyone gets to see her funny side. She won't talk to you unless she wants too. She still hides behind me from people.
4. She loves school and learning.
5. She loves to say the prayer and thinks every time should be her turn.
6. She's not afraid to try anything once. When we took her to Disneyland, we took her on EVERYTHING, and she would just sit there, we never knew if she liked it or not until we asked her if she was ready to go again and she would tell us yes or no.
Happy Birthday Bo, We Love you!

1 comment:

  1. Taran LOVED the party and I fully plan on using the invite idea, I loved it. Maybe if I use it for people who havent seen yours I can claim i came up with that cute idea :) Just Kidding, but I really did love it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.