Monday, March 15, 2010

SpRiNg BrEaK!

How we spent our Spring Break!!

Day #1 Geocaching:
This was our first experience at hunting for these fun little treasures but with Adam as our head pirate we were able to find quite a bit of them,(before we got rained on), but even then the girls begged us to keep going. The girls LOVED it. This will definanty be something we do again.

 
Day # 2 Animal Museum:
The girls love this museum. We go quite often and they never get tired of it.
  Calli brought her friend Megan with us.
Day # 3 - ICE SKATING = FUN!
We went ice skating with my sister, her kids and some friends. 
It ended up being way easier than I thought.  For the little ones they give buckets to skate with, so Gentry was as happy as a jay bird going off on her own, just her and her bucket....
Sadie and her cousin Kassi, stayed close to the wall the first little bit, but then ventured to the middle where they finally got the hang of it...
and Calli from her first step onto the ice was a pro, she just took off. 
As for me, well, here's proof that I did it, AND I didn't fall once. Woo Hoo!
Now I can mark off ice skating on my bucket list. This is another we will defiantly do again before it closes for the summer.
Day #4 Jumping Jacks:
 Again we went with my sister and her family, and  ran into some other friends from the ward so my kids had even more people to play with. It was packed!
Day # 5 - The "spinning" park.
Again with my sister and this time my sister-in-law and their families, which meant lots of cousins to play and hang out with.
Day # 6,7 & 8 Late nights, sleepovers, game night with my family and...
The new Alice in Wonderland Movie with Adam and the girls. The best part about it all was that it cost me only about $30, with my dixie direct card, sun card, and some gift cards I had.
Whew- What a ride! I am so sad to have Spring Break come to an end. We all had sooo much Fun and I am not ready to have them go back to school yet.
Here's to hoping summer is right around the corner.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun right here at home for spring break! I love playing with my sister, so I can guess that it was great. Too bad the weather forgot it was "spring".

    I have been wanting to try geocaching for a while. What equipment do I need to try it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just go to Geocaching.com and sign up. It's free you just need a user name and password and then they will give you your latitude and longitude. You can type those into your phone (if you have internet and a GPS app) or any GPS system and it will lead you right there. They also have hints to where to find them. Your kids seem to be pretty adventureous, I think they'd like it. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, you also want to bring a pencil so you mark off that your family found that one on a paper inside each cache, also some little toys or trinkets you can trade with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Our spring break was almost identical! Serious! That is way to funny...Im almost surprised we never ran into each other!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.