Sunday, February 19, 2012

Getaway!

Everyone always tells me 'Don't blink cause as soon as you do, your children will be grown."  I try so hard not to blink but even so they are still growing.  I love having my children at home and spending time with my family.  So every once in a while I have these little panic attacks when I  realize they will be leaving home before I know it. Adam has learned that the only quick fix for me is to spend lots of quality time with my family. So we planned a "Peterson-style Getaway" for the weekend. 
We kidnapped the girls and went to Del Taco where we ate and the girls played. Then we ran to the $2 movie of Happy Feet 2.  Then off to check into our hotel.  We played around for a while, relaxed and got ready to go to dinner.  Our wait at Outback was a little long so we walked down the strip mall to look in some of the stores. Only to find out one of Calli's favorite stores was having a big $3 sale.  We looked around for a bit and then went to eat, promising we would go back.  After dinner we spent an hour shopping.  Adam is such a good "girl" dad. She is so patient and helps the girls look for sizes, holds on to their loot and gives his opinion.  After shopping, we went back to the hotel where the girls went swimming.  
 
After swimming we came back to the room where they warmed up in the jetted tub.  Then we got showered and drove through Dairy Queen for a late night treat.  The next morning we slept in and went down for breakfast. Awe! What a great weekend getaway with just us....just what the doctor ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.