Each year as soon as the winter season's hit I start pumping my girls full of Vitamin C in hopes of the flu skipping over our house. It usually works most years, but this year our house got hit. It took us about 2 weeks for it to finally run its course and leave. Calli ended up missing an entire week of school. The first half of the week she was so sick and just laid in my bed all day and was happy to let me serve her. Her temp got up to 103.5 before it finally broke. It got pretty scary a few times. Thanks goodness for modern medicine and father's blessings. Sadie ended up catching it from Calli and became sick the same week and missed 2 days of school. So two of the days I had Calli and Sadie both home together all day...talk about an adventure. They were too sick to go school, but felt well enough to entertain themselves. They were so tired of being cooped up all day that they got pretty creative in their entertainment. When I wasn't being annoyed it actually was pretty funny. Gentry ended up getting it as well and missed a day of school the next week. There were days when I wondered if it would ever leave, but it finally did and without catching either Adam or I which was a huge blessing.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.