Valentines Day 2012
My cute Valentine mantel!
Valentines was on a Tuesday this year and I had to teach that day. After teaching my first class I came into the house and found these sitting on the counter with a card and cookies for the girls. He had snuck in and set it all up. We did manage to squeeze in a lunch date and ice cream during my classes that day. I got him some new, much needed pillows for our bed and then made him a "52 reasons why I love you" book out of a deck of cards. (Thank you Pinterest)
The girls woke up that morning to a trail of Hershey kisses leading them down to the kitchen where they each had a Valentine surprise waiting for them.
A pink bowl, spoon, and 2 mini boxes of their favorite cereal with a note that said: "We CEREALSLY love you. Happy Valentines Day, Love mom and dad (Again, idea from pinterest)
Sadie even got a special Valentine from a boy in her class named Tomas. She'll be mad at me for me putting this on here. She's kinda embarrassed about it and doesn't like him in that way but she is such a tender sweetheart that she didn't want to hurt his feelings. So when he handed them to her and asked her to be his Valentine she said yes!
That night we had romantic Valentine dinner for 5 with Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizzas.
It was a great day full of the people I love most!
fun fun fun! I love Valentines!
ReplyDelete