Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Break and April Fools!

FRIDAY: With girls being off of school we spent the morning getting the house in order and cleaned from the weekend. Then we met Adam at Costa Vida for lunch and then took the girls to get their hair done. Calli really needed a color and the other two just wanted trims.
Calli got dark underneath and blonde on top. She's still deciding if she likes it, but I think it's super cute! After their hair appointments we came home.
That night Calli went to Megan's birthday party.
(These two have become quite good friends. They love hanging out with each other and other school friends, going to baseball games, going shopping, taking pictures of themselves, going to regional dances and talking about boys.)
Sadie and Gentry spent the rest of the day hanging out with friends. 

SATURDAY:  We spent the day in the yard. Adam has been working on the garden area a little bit at a time after work each night but never has enough time to really dive into it.  So we dove into it all day before the girls and I headed to Young Women's Conference.  The girls would pop in and out and help for a minute and then go back in and decorate their Easter eggs. Scott and Kami were putting their garden in also so we had fun bantering back and forth and loooking over the wall to check out the competition.
 We finished getting the fence up and honeysuckle planted.  
We got the gate up on the arch. 
We added the second tier of the garden and pretty much got everything planted. We did squash, zucchini  cucumber, lettuce, carrots, radishes, strawberries, tomatoes, peas, onions and peppers. We still need a cantaloupe and to plant the marigolds. 
We had a garden down out our other house and Adam has been itching for the last 6 years of living in this house to get going on this one. So it was so nice to finally make some progress. I'm so excited for this area and the ideas we have for it in the future. I call it my own little "Secret Garden" We are planning on fruit trees, a grape arbor with a swing underneath, a small greenhouse and possibly some chickens.  

SUNDAY:  Happy Easter! The girls woke up to a Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt. I was so excited about this one. It's one I found on Pinterest. (of course) It was a scripture hunt all about the last week of Christ's birth. 
For example they would read the scripture about Garden of Gethsemane and then find the egg in the garden 
or when it talked about laying down palm leaves for his triumphal entry they found an egg in the palm tree etc. I loved that we were able to keep the true meaning intertwined a little bit. 
At the end they found this sign along with their baskets and dresses.
 

Checking out their loot. 
The girls in their Easter Dresses. 
Nice, huh? I told them to pose for me and this is what I got. 
This picture is so funny. For some reason, the way the dress hangs everytime Gentry sticks her bum out it looks huge. The first time she showed me I thought she put a pillow there. 
After church we relaxed and watched one of our Easter DVD's and then went to Peterson's for a Easter BBQ. 

MONDAY:  The girls having it off of school again woke up to a couple April Fool surprises.
We decided to get out of the house for a little while and the girls "somehow" talked me into Fiesta Fun.
We had fun miniature golfing, Riding go-carts, and playing in the arcade.
Calli sad about losing her ball in the water. 
That night was my dad's birthday so we had my mom, dad and my brother's family over for Losee's Potting Soil Dessert. We gave him the first 2 season's of Duck Dynasty... Our families new favorite show. 
It was a great weekend! I love having my girls at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.