What a long, crazy, busy but fun weekend full of Dance Competitions, soccer games, family visiting, Sadie giving a talk in church, Adam's birthday and Bill Cosby at Tuacahn.
We kicked off our weekend on Thursday. Calli had a game that night at 8:30pm which means we usually don't get home until around 10:30pm. They played the Dixie Dragons which is her old team and Bombers rivals so it was pretty intense. The game ended in a tie.
Friday morning (Adam's 38th birthday) I ran to breakfast with some friends to celebrate another friends birthday and then ran some errands for Adam's birthday. We were supposed to meet for lunch but his day got super busy and he couldn't get away. I ran home decorated the house and wrapped presents and then went and checked the girls out of school to go watch Kassi perform her solo's at the dance competition. We were there from 2-6pm. Then we all ran back to my mom's ate pizza, got my mom and the kids out the door for the Eshelle Review
(Gentry performed a little number as part of their Eshelle clinic)
and then we headed to Tuacahn with Ben and Stacy for Bill Cosby. Adam and I were going to go to dinner first too but again work was just too crazy. Good thing Bill Cosby was awesome so He could have somewhat of a birthday celebration.
Waiting for him to come out on stage.
Bill Cosby...himself.
He was OUTSTANDING.
So much better than I had anticipated I think I may have even laughed harder than I do at Brian Regan. He was just so cute, I'm so glad we went...what a legend! After the show we ran to my moms and picked up the girls and got home around 10:30 pm. Adam opened his presents and we had brownies and ice cream.
The next morning Sadie and I woke up bright and early for another day of Dance Competitions Kassi's team was dancing all morning then we had a break and Sadie danced that night. On our way in Stacy called and said that they were about 15 minutes ahead of schedule and that Kassi was on in about 5 minutes. We booked it to try and get there in time. We pulled up and got out of the car to run in. I hit a patch of gravel and face planted in the parking lot. As I got up I looked at my phone I had in my hand and saw that I had cracked the screen...AGAIN. (Twice in one week.) We had JUST gotten in fixed 5 days before due to me dropping and shattering it and now it was cracked again. I called Adam frustrated and crying and told him what happened. After assuring I was okay he just starting laughing and then in true Adam fashion said "It is what it is." This has become his newest quote. I think I'm going to get it in vinyl and put in the house somewhere. He's also so calm and things like this just aren't worth getting mad about. Although still frustrated I was able to laugh at myself too. I had a broken phone and a bruised and scrapped up knee...BUT we made it in time and was able to see Kassi dance.
We watched Kassi's 4 dances and then ran over to Snow Canyon for another one of Calli's soccer games. They played Cedar and won 2-1. After the game my mom took the kids and fed them and Adam and I finally got to go to Outback and eat his birthday lunch/dinner. It was nice to have a few minutes to sit and relax before rushing around again. After lunch Adam went home to work on the yard and me, the girls and Stacy and her kids came back to mom's to rest. Sadie and I both ended up taking naps. We woke up to dinner being made by my mom and dad. We ate, got Sadie all ready and headed back over to the competition while everyone else ran to Jadyn's soccer game and then came over later.
She finally danced her first dance around 9:30 pm.
They performed their Jazz routine and did great!
Around 10:00 they performed their Hip Hip.
And around 10:30 they performed Lyrical.
They did such a fantastic job. I was super impressed with Sadie and all the girls improvements.
They received first place in all three dances!
Sadie's biggest fan.
Gentry entertained herself all weekend at games and competition playing with Adam's phone and taking fun pictures of herself.
Best buddies.
Sadie, Kassi, Kennedy and Bailey. It was weird having Kassi perform with a different studio than with Premier with these girls.
Huddled together celebrating their success. We got home around 11:40 pm and got right to bed. The next morning we had to be to church early because Sadie was giving a talk. She got to speak with Grandpa and Grandma Peterson though, so that was fun! After church we all met over at my mom's for Sunday dinner and to see Ben and Stacy off. Although the weekend was fun I am sure looking forward to some relaxation.
Sadie's Talk
(First youth talk)
I was asked to speak on preparedness and how the Book of Mormon can help us prepare.
When we prepare to go on a camping trip we pack our bags with everything we will need for our trip. Things like tents, sleeping bags, food, and lanterns. If we forget to pack something like our tent or sleeping bags, it would affect our trip. It wouldn’t be as much fun if we were camping without shelter or warmth. It’s the same thing when we are preparing ourselves, if we forget to do something now that would help us later it’s going to change the outcome. We need to pack our spiritual bags with things that will help us.
I saw a Mormon Ad that showed a boy getting ready to go on a camping trip. He packed his back pack with clothes, food, a flashlight, and then right on top he packed his scriptures. The Mormon Ad message said “Be Prepared: On life’s adventure the scriptures are your map and compass, a light for your path, food for your spirit. 2 Tim. 3:16.
I began thinking what I could learn from the Book of Mormon and how it can help me prepare. I found this song in the Friend magazine called “The Book of Mormon teaches me”
The Book of Mormon teaches me that Jesus is the Christ
He lived and died for you and me with love he sacrificed
It says I must have faith, repent, and live the Saviors word.
It is another testament of Jesus Christ our Lord
The book of Mormon helps me see that truth has been restored
That Joseph Smith was called to be prophet of the Lord
The book reveals God’s covenant, the fullness of his word
It is another testament of Jesus Christ our Lord
I’ll read the Book of Mormon, then I’ll pray and ponder too
I’ll put my faith in Jesus when I ask if it is true
And when I pray with pure intent I’ll hear the spirits word
It is another testament of Jesus Christ our Lord.
By reading the Book of Mormon and learning about Jesus and his sacrifice and about the gospel it can help me by knowing that Jesus loves me and died for me and that he will always be there for me. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen
And a big HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout out to Adam. Even though we had a full busy weekend I hope you had a great birthday and know how much we love and appreciate everything you do for
us. You're the best!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.