Sunday, February 5, 2017

Calli's Mission Call!

February 3, 2017 
The long awaited day finally arrived. 
 At 6:30 AM I received this text of Calli's envelope. I went right down stairs and woke-up Calli. 
Talk about a LONG, anxious day.  We all had to work that day which was probably nice to keep our minds on other things. 
 A few hours later I got this text that said "Tracking the Journey" Haha!
 And then this one around noon of the package being delivered to our mailbox. There are definitely advantages to having your brother be your postman;) After Calli got off work she came by Tuacahn and got the mail key. She said she just wanted to hold it for a bit. 
 Came home from work to find her call sitting out patiently waiting. 


 We quickly ran around and got things ready while Calli and Sadie ran to another missionary call opening. They came home just in time and happy to announce that Mishayla Faucett had been called to Spain. 

 Munching, Visiting and ...
 

  making guesses while we wait for everyone to arrive. 

 Almost ready, just a few quick pics before 7:00pm
 Getting some advice from Bishop Galbraith
 Proud Parents
 And of course our mailman "delivering the package"
 The moment!
 We had such great support. Grateful for everyone who came



 Sister Callister Peterson you are hearby called as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and are assigned to labor in the Spain, Barcelona Mission. (Cue gasps and jaws hitting the floor.) You should report to the Spain MTC on June 13, 2017. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language.  
 Even more gasps when we all realized that she and Mishayla (Good friend and SC soccer teammate) were both called to the same mission and leaving on the same day. Tender Mercies!  


 
Pretty emotional day for mom and dad...mostly happy tears. (I only lost it for a minute when I heard she wouldn't be going to the Provo MTC.) 
 Future Companions 
 Calli and Morgan
 Calli and Hannah
 Calling friends and family

 Celebrating
 Calli spent the rest of the night with these friends out celebrating!
Emma, Spencer, Calli, Christian and Graccie
 Tyson and Lacey
Joely Stout guessed right!
The Call!
The Map. I was thinking that if she went in the states I would have to get a new map of just the US. So excited I get to use my map. She will be directly across from us, just a hop and a skip across the Atlantic Ocean.  
Her mission consists of the highlighted area and the two islands as well.  It's crazy what can happen when you let Heavenly Father be in charge. I thought I knew what was best for Calli but I never would have guessed Spain and little did I know that's is where she needs to be and the people there need her as well
Feeling so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.