Sunday, February 19, 2017

Valentines 2017!

At our News Years Eve Party a few months back some of my cousins were telling us about a Family   Valentine Formal Dance Party they wanted to get together and have.  I didn't think they completely serious until we got our invite. So the weekend before Valentine's Day we headed to the dance.
Me and my hot date!
It was 80's attire optional. I chose FOR while the rest of the family chose AGAINST:)
I dug through my old prom dresses and came up with this beauty. (it was the only one that fit) It was the bridesmaid dress from Terry and Sheri's wedding. 
"The Prom Committee" (Dana and Shayla) went above and beyond to make everything so cute. Calli and Sadie had other plans with friends so just the three of us went. 
We had a yummy dinner and then dancing!


Adam and Gentry tearing up the dance floor!
Valentine FHE!
We did a valentine scripture chase where they had to look up the scripture, read it and run around the house looking for the matching conversation heart. 

They really got into it. It was funny watching them run around the house with their scriptures. 
About a month before Valentines, Adam and I came across this fire pit set on Clearance. We had been looking for a gas one and loved this one. We really weren't in a position to make the purchase so we left...The next day we went back and bought it...with agreeing that this would be for Valentine's Day, Mother's day and Father's day. Haha!

Well, I should have known better. Valentine morning I woke up to roses and this note...
:"Sorry, I couldn't help it"....good thing I had gotten him a little something too:)
Of course he has to get something for all these girls!
I added the pink heart pancakes for breakfast!
That night we had our annual family Valentine Day Dinner

and did fondue again!
Love having a day to celebrate the Loves in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.