Saturday, September 30, 2017

Crocodile Feet, Underwear and Reincarnation!

Just another week living the dream! This week started with us accidentally buying crocodile feet instead of chicken and so we cooked it and ate it anyway. It didn't taste too bad until I pulled a claw out of my mouth. 
We have been meeting with Manuel Angel he has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon but he is having a hard time with the baptism idea and it sounds like it's going to take a little longer than we thought but everyone has their own pace. Carlos is doing great! He is so happy! It is his birthday this week and we bought him a pillow and blanket because he doesn't have either. George is amazing as always! He is literally my best friend and helps us teach all of the English investigators. We have even been helping him learn Spanish so he can help with all of our investigators! He wanted to serve a mission but is sadly too old to. All he wants to do is share the gospel with every one, he is so amazing! We found a ton of news this week we have been teaching one woman named Diana who her brothers got stuck in the hurricane by Florida and no longer have a home, she loves the Book of Mormon and Christ. We have also taught some Muslims which is a little harder than Catholics because they believe that God is not our Father in Heaven but energy and Christ was not our Savior but a prophet. And also, believe there are no more prophets. But I can tell this last man we taught yesterday named Faye really felt the spirit! And we are going to continue to meet with him. But we found out he is in the elders area so they are taking over. Jose Angel is so amazing he is one of the recent converts and he has the strongest testimony of anyone I've ever met. He is going through a divorce and had no idea where is wife took his two little boys for months. His wife has accused him of a ton of things and he is getting ready to go to court this week. So many crazy things happening! Jose Angel was baptized before I got here so I never got to teach him. The other day we got to teach him and we had him wear my name tag and be the missionary and teach me the plan of salvation. It was going great until he started teaching me about reincarnation... he's been baptized for 3 months. We stopped the lesson and taught him about the three degrees of glory. He ended up loving it and wants to study it more haha. There are many Africans here that come for work and George lives in a small piso with a lot of Africans. The other day I was helping him do their laundry with a bucket of soap and water on the porch, I picked something up, looked at him and said " George is this your underwear" he said "ya I told you all of my clothes are in there" I then said " George we are close but we are not that close" hahaha 
Mission life is so hard, but so fun and amazing the blessing out ways it by a million percent! It is literally a refiners fire. I am learning and changing so much I can't believe it!  We have been trying to hand our more Book of Mormons this week for our district goal and so we have been trying to come up with better ways to contact. I remembered an idea I heard a missionary do so we decided to try it. We saw a women sitting on a bench, I walked up very quietly and stood behind the bench while Hermana Rockhill walked up to her and asked "if a book fell from the sky would you read it?!" I then threw the book up over the women's head and Hermana Rockhill caught it hahaha... she was not very amused haha! This week I have learned how powerful our thoughts and attitude are. I know that small things can make a world of difference! 
Love you all so much! Praying for you always! 
Love, Hermana Peterson
Crocodile Feet
 Lesson with Jose' Angel
Ward Members





Beach Day!






Picnic at the beach!



This Monster's inc truck is so appropriate not only is it Disney but Mike is dabbing. She has become the queen of dabbing and teaches all her investigators how to dab as well.
Carlo's Birthday Party



Zone Meeting

 Calli taught them how to play signs. They all loved it so much that they put her in charge of games the next week too and she taught them poke and snort. haha!
She is still absolutely loving this adventure that she is on. She loves Spain. She loves the people and she loves this gospel. She is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.