Saturday, September 30, 2017

Neck Pains, Choir and Birthday Parties!

HI FRIENDS!!!! 
Just another week gone in missionary life, I absolutely love my mission and this gospel with all my heart! This gospel has become everything to me and I am learning more and more everyday! Missionary life is so amazing and I'm still in training...everyone says training is the hardest and worst part of your mission, but if this is the worst it will get...I might never go home haha! But this week has been harder than others. Sometimes I feel that I have Spanish down and I can understand every one and other times, I have no idea what is happening. This week has been one of those weeks lol. Obviously my Spanish has gotten a million times better and I can see it so much but not where it should be. It's really hard because you are not only adjusting to a totally different life but you also have no friends because you can't talk to anyone, and you want to just share things so so badly and you feel the spirit so strong but you do your best but they just don't understand. It is very hard however I am so so grateful for the opportunity to learn Spanish because I have become and continue to rely on the Lord so much! And my testimony is growing like crazy! Because at times the only person and friend I really had was the Lord. But I have come to love him so much more than I knew I could and have come to know this is his work not mine, his will not mine, and I physically cannot do it without him. I am beyond happy and so blessed to be here! Also my neck pain has started coming back, worse than before and I have been getting blessings and trying to do everything but it keeps getting worse, but the blessing I got didn't say the pain would go away but that I would be able to continue to work! So that's what I'm going to do! Last night an elder asked me if my neck was hurting in choir, I said "no why?" He said "you looked like you wanted to die" and I told him " no, solo porque chorro" (only because choir) we have to be in our ward choir and they take it very seriously lol. I've done things I have been so scared to do before, and I love it! I've sung for BAPTISMS, I even tried to do a solo once, which is not me, I caught a giant lizard in an investigator house for her (that's not new but still haha) and the other day a drunk man came up and grabbed my hand and started talking to me and I pulled my hand away, one of our old investigators came up and told him to leave us alone, and the drunk man started yelling at him and pushing him and trying to fight him. I found my self jumping between them and talking to the drunk man in all Spanish, gave him our card, and probably said something about our free English classes I don't remember but he laughed, thanked me and we walked away. God is with his missionaries always and I have such a testimony of that. This week was George's birthday, we made him a "pinata" and bought him a Barcelona Jersey with his last name and the number 13 on it (the day he was baptized) and he loved it! It was his first ever birthday party! Today for preparation day we played monopoly with Alejandro's family, the dad was telling me I was going to lose because I can't speak Spanish.... I have no idea how but I won, that was a tender mercy from God, haha. 
This gospel is so real, something that has really strengthened my testimony of this gospel was seeing Carlos this week. He is a different person, you can just see it in him! He is SO HAPPY! I can't explain it and blessing have just been pouring in for him since he got baptized. He was suppose to get kicked out of his house, but his landlord let him pay later. And he is working! The other day he worked for 12 hours and got enough money to send to his daughter in Venezuela so she could have a cake for her birthday❤ This gospel changes lives! He is so happy and just everything about him is different. He went from the big grumpy man on the street that you would avoid to Santa Clause! I am so beyond grateful for this gospel in my life! And to be able to share it! This is God's church and his gospel and his work and I am so lucky to be apart of it!  My testimony has really grown this week on the Book of Mormon.  I have such a strong testimony that the Book of Mormon strengthens us like nothing else it's so amazing and it converts like nothing else especially with investigators it's magic, there are so many times when we will teach someone and they won't understand and we will have them read and they will come back and say I got my answers I have no more questions about it, the Book of Mormon is so amazing!!! Literally the Book of Mormon is such a blessing! It is answers and help from God placed right in our hands! That book converts and strengthens people like nothing else. Here is one of my favorite videos that I love about the Book of Mormon❤Testimony of the Book of Mormon
A modern-day Apostle describes the unwavering faith the Church's founders showed, even in the face of death, to remain true to their testimonies of the Book of Mormon.
Sorry about the long email this week but I love and miss you all, have a good week! 
Love, Hermana Peterson  
 Gabreial
Heading to church
 Jose' Angel who is a recent convert and doctor was able to work on her neck a bit. He did some acuppuncture as well, which she was shocked by but said it worked. 


She said she was traumatized but would go back:)
Cute Pinata' they made George. 
George's 1st birthday party.
Apple Pie and Birthday Parties. He loved his Jersey and put it on right away and started dancing around.

Choir Practice with her ward.

Elder moon showing off his cool sweater.
Luis Albuja


Night of Monopoly with Ajejandro's family!
She says there's bugs everywhere. Check out this huge grasshopper. 
Back in their apartment ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.