Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanksgiving P-Day!

Another week gone, well 3 more weeks, I don't know how I feel, its super weird, everything. I can see the Lord is slowly preparing me to go home, I don't know it just seems like its coming so fast I honestly forgot this week is my birthday, hey also thank you everyone for the birthday wishes, literally made my day! Y'all are the best. Well don't remember much that happened this week, um well there is the cutest little American family in my ward, the husband is from Spain and the wife is from Las Vegas! And they have the 3 cutest kids and 2 little girls that remind me of me and Sadie. haha! We ate with them and I played shop kins and Littlest pet shop with the little girls and the family made us In n Out hamburgers! With animal fries and everything! And then gave us banana splits, I defiantly threw up after but wow it was so good. It was so weird speaking English eating In n Out and listening to Christmas music in English. I don't know how to explain it, it was so weird. We found a family in the area book a while ago that the elders were teaching, they came to church 9 times, they had a date to be baptized but for some reason they never were and didn't want anything to do with the missionaries. A few weeks ago we randomly showed up one day with brownies and the mom was pretty weird about it but we asked if we could come back and set a day to visit her but she wasn't answering our calls, but we went anyways and she let us in and we sat down, then she told the family we were there and they ALL came in and sat down to listen. We played happy Salmon with them and talked about the 1st 2 point of lesson one with them and we invited them to church, it was silent for a long time, then the mom said "if the boys want to" and the youngest son without missing a beat said "I want to go" It was a huge miracle! And we are praying for them! The mission is great I have spoken Spanish for 4 weeks now and actually love it. My companion keeps joking that I am going to marry a Latino. And she is learning English, she really wants to go to school in Utah so we practice English. But also one of the highlights of my week, was today the whole zone got together and we had Thanksgiving like full of Thanksgiving stuffing and everything and it was Hermana Tenorios first thanksgiving!! Me and Hermana Robinson started trying to throw and catch whipped cream in our mouths and got everyone doing it from across the room it was so fun! Ah it probably doesn't seem really big but being in Spain for a year and a half, you miss little American things. Ah but ya that's a little of whats going on, me and Hermana Tenorio are really having a hard time in our area honestly. We work hard, but no one wants anything from us and it just seems like no one is progressing, we had a hard night and started breaking down crying a little, its so hard when you feel like you're doing everything you can and it's not enough, when you don't see any fruits from your efforts but I found this quote the other day that really helped me.  "Every  missionary  goes  through  a  drought  period  in  their mission  life.  A period  of  time  where  they  are  fighting homesickness,  praying harder  than  they  ever  have,  are  living more righteously  than  ever  in  their lives  up  to  this point  in  time,  and  no  one  seems  interested  in  hearing the  gospel. It  is  at  this  time  that  the  Lord  tests  you  as  a missionary.  The  reason,  I  have  always  believed,  is  to  see  if you  can  be  trusted.  Father  in  Heaven  has an  incredible work  to  do  to  prepare  the  earth  for  the  coming of  the  Lord  Jesus  Christ.  The  mission  field  has a  dual  purpose  to bring souls  unto  Christ,  and  to  sift  us  as  missionaries  into  the  parts  we  will  play  throughout  our  lifetime  in  building the  Lord’s  kingdom  –  to  prepare  us  for  “leading”  OR prepare  us  for  “following”,  both  are  important,  but  what  are followers  without  leaders?  The  missionaries  who  recognize  the  drought  and  remain  strong to  the  higher law  of missionary  work  (absolute obedience)  end  up  converting the  most  critical  investigator  of  all…themselves.   You  will be  your  greatest  conversion  in  the  mission  field.    God knows what he's doing and I trust him.
Love you all! And see you in 3 short weeks! -Love Hermana Peterson 


Cute Spain
More Spain Sunsets
Heart Attack
Euros for dayzzz


In -n- Out Burger and Fries
 Banana Splits
 
Zone Thanksgiving

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.