A few months back, one of Calli's best friends from high school and soccer asked her if she wanted to move in together. Calli decided it would be fun and they started making plans. After not being able to lock down an apartment they decided to move into grandma and grandpa Losee's apartment. It aways seemed so far off that it didn't worry or concern me. But the weekend she was supposed to move she had gone to Provo again to spend time with Edu, Mati and Olivia. She got home late Sunday night (August 30th) and felt like she needed to move in because Hannah had already started moving her stuff. So we all got to work packing up her room and heading to grandmas together.
I really didn't think it would affect me, (she can be pretty hard to live with at times:) but the more we packed the more it started to tug on my hearts strings. This would probably be the last time I would have all my girls living under one roof.
We went and helped her set up her room.
It looked adorable. I could sense that she was excited but also a little hesitant. I think she started to realize that she'd be losing more than gaining. She'd gain more freedom, living with one of her best friends, living the "college life" without college, be closer to work and the gym and have no curfew but she'd lose a kitchen full of appliances she used everyday, a fridge full of food, her laundry done for her each week, her room cleaned and vacuumed once a week, her bathroom scrubbed once a week, a treadmill and weights at her disposal and her car defrosted and heated in the winter. But she pushed on knowing she couldn't turn back on Hannah now and knew it really would be fun.
It was good having her sisters there to help her with the decorating too.
Her room turned out so cute and she was excited about it. It was harder than I thought it would be leaving her there even though she is only a few minutes away and with grandma. I know she will love it and it will end up being a great experience for all of us. But, I miss her dang it.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.