Gentry and I were visiting one night and she said “Mom, I was thinking today in seminary that when we talk about the Atonement and how Jesus went though everything we have been through, I realized that he has had covid.”
It was an eye opening experience for her. It’s hard to understand the pain and suffering that Christ went though when in her young life hasn't yet experienced. She was so young when her grandma passed away that she has never really experienced the pains of death. She’s never been really sick or in terrible pain, she hasn’t yet experienced a broken heart but covid she is living through it right now day by day seeing loved ones get it, hearing it on the news, having friends in quarantine, wearing masks to school, not being able to hangout with friends. By it impacting her, it's made the Atonement more impactful, understanding and meaningful when she realized that Christ has already had covid.
She finished by saying "Even though a year ago we didn’t even know what covid was, he’s had it. I wonder what other things he’s gone through that we don’t even know about yet."
She is such a deep thinker and I am often in awe by her. It was such a great growing opportunity for us both.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.