March 18-22, 2021 We kicked off Adam's birthday with a bang. No where else he would rather be on his birthday than camping and riding with his family for a long weekend.
Thursday, March 18, to take advantage of as much time as we could, we headed out early, around 11:00 am. As soon as Gentry walked in from school. She came with us but Sadie and Calli both working and having other plans opted to stay home.
Going to Coral Pink in March with the Cains has become an annual tradition. This was our third year. Last year while riding we came across the perfect camping site right up against the rocks. Arriving on Thursday, we were able to snag it.
So pretty. It's still crazy to see sand and pine trees together
Our Camping Site!
Gentry and I took the razor for a spin while the boys were backing in trailers. There were so many places to just explore right by the campsite.
After we got all set up and ate lunch, we hit the trails. Ryan always has the best places to explore.
We went and found the "medicine man" cave. Years ago a mummy was found here.
Hiking to the cave.
The cave was huge and so cool. Native Americans lived there for years and left lots of evidence of them being there.
Lot's of petroglyphs.
Cool plant growing out of the rock
View from the cave.
Adam flying his drone getting good pics of the cave from above.
Gentry was so tired and not feeling well from the ride, so I switched her places so she could ride in the front seat. Well, I found out that me and the back seat do not mix. I was so motion sick by the time we got back to the sand dunes that we just played for a minute before hitting the highway and taking the short cut back to camp. I took a shower and got in comfy's and felt much better. It was so weird I have never got sick riding before, I chalked it up to riding in the back. We had tin foil dinners and played games until after midnight.
Friday, March 19. Trying to get Gentry out of bed the next morning. Adam raised her bed all the way to the roof.
Haha! After breakfast we headed out again on a longer all day ride to another amazing discovery. Before leaving Gentry and I took Dramamine that Jenni had brought. We decided we'd give it a try.
Trail Riding.
Crossing streams
We found the mountain from Lord of the Rings.
We again found the most amazingly, cool sand dune cave.
Hiking up to the cave.
The coloring was amazing. So yellow!
The Cave of Dunes
It was so cool, I don't even know how to explain it. It was a huge sandstone cave full of sand.
Gentry found a perfect little cove
Exploring and playing in the cave.
Adam got some awesome shots with the drone.
Nap time for Gentry!
After playing in the cave for a couple hours we drove to the LOTR mountain to explore and eat lunch.
So pretty. We went from yellow rocks to red rocks within a mile of each other.
Eating Lunch...
and flying drones
We could see the cave we had just been exploring.
This was the last thing I remember from that day. :) Gentry and I did great on the ride but once we we got back to camp, I think the dramamine kicked in and knocked me out...for 15 hours. I fell asleep at 5:00 right after we pulled back in to camp. I slept all through dinner and the night. While I snored Adam and Gentry ate dinner, sat by the fire with Cains and listened to the BYU baseball game.
Saturday, March 20, Waking up the next morning at 7:00 am. So crazy. I woke up feeling much better and determined to make the most of the rest of my time. Adam and I got up and hiked the mountain at our campsite.
View from the top
The rest of the day we hung out around the camp, relaxed, play games and then hit the dunes. I was determined to go and prove that I was better. We love the dunes and had a blast.
Later that night after dinner Ryan and Adam took off on a ride. They were gone for a couple hours and came back with tales to tell. They should not be able to ride without adult supervision...They said had someone been watching they would have made the news for sure.
They came across this weird bunker...
and huge pile of tires.
When they got back we were playing games and they started to tell us about their ride. They were laughing so hard they were wheezing and crying.
They told us that they tried a big hill that was pretty sketchy. Not roll and die sketchy but wreck the machine sketchy. At one point Ryan was hanging onto the back of Adam's maching trying to counter balance the weight so he didn't tip and then at a certain point Adam yelled jump and he jumped while Adam went down the hill. Oh, my goodness, we were just glad to be hearing about it after they both made it back alive. :) I'm sure it was one of Adam's favorite parts.
We played games for a while and then fell into bed.
Sunday, March 21, The next morning we woke up and made beignets. Calli had brought a mix home from New Orleans that we wanted to try. We hung out, not in a big hurry to head home and listened to Sunday school and packed up. We got home around 5:00 pm that night. What another great weekend and adventure! We had a blast.
Monday, March 22, After everyone got off work, we met at Outback for dinner and then Munchies for dessert. It was such a fun night. We love spending time with our girls. They keep us laughing and young!
After dinner we came home and opened presents! It was a Traeger kind of birthday. He got a Traeger grill, and a cover and pellets for the Traeger too! He was so excited!



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.