Tuesday, July 29, 2025

Bryce Marathon

Another awesome weekend in Bryce Camping, Hiking and Running Marathons!
Have you even been to Bryce Canyon, if you didn't take this picture?
Adam and I headed up Thursday night before the crew came on Friday. 
Adam just doing some work, thanks to Starlink!

Quick ride Thursday night. 
Such amazing views!

Oh no. Not again! :) Broken machine again. Good thing we were able to limp back to camp. 
View of Hatch fire from Bryce. 
Amazing views Thursday night on our way to camp from town. We had forgot to grab our Costco pizza that we had picked up for Thursdays dinner so we ran into town and grabbed a frozen pizza and ice cream from the Ruby's General Store. 

Amazing huge moon. 


Dinner. Haha!
Friday Morning. 
Took an awesome hike to Mossy Cave. 
Cool bridges...
waterfalls...

trails...





and rivers


The cold water felt so good!






Nice shaded trail

Mossy Cave

Water dripping from the rocks


During the winter the cave freezes. 



The backside of water. 



Stopped in Tropic to pick up runners packets. 
Playing games while waiting for the kids to show up. 
Showing Calli and Levi Star fares. 
Marathon morning. 5:00am wake-up call. 
This is what marathon morning looks like with three girls in a trailer. :)

Adam and Carter to the three girls to the 1/2 marathon starting line and then Levi, Nick and I headed to the 5K starting line. We got caught at the round about and were 17 minutes late for our 5K.  
Heading out on the course. I was so proud of us. We ran the entire first mile and a half and caught up with the runners in front of us. We finished with a time of 38 minutes. Which I was so happy with. Nick and Levi were so great to run with. They stopped and walked when I stopped and ran when I ran and we started and finished together. 
The 5K Crew!


The "boys" waiting for the girls!
Here they come, hand in hand:)


They made it. 

How stinking cute are they? They finished with a time of 2 hours and 14 minutes. 
Found Kennedy Petersen who ran it too. 
The runners


Koda wearing Calli's Medal. He trains with them and deserves a medal too. 
My medal. Funny story. Last year, when the girls were running, Levi noticed that the medals were the same whether the runners ran the 5K or the Half marathon. We joked that we should run it the following year, so we could get a medal like Calli, Sadie and Gentry...Haha! We did it!
Bid and Medal.


I did it!
Checking out toes, blisters and tow nails. Haha!
Time for some relaxation!







Right before the finish line, my knee really started hurting, but I finished so that was great!
We went into town for ice cream shakes. 
Sat and stayed with the dogs because of my sore knee while the kids walked around. 

Saturday morning. 
Tangled puppy, not use to being on a leash. 
Zion off road photo shoot with Ky and Koda. 

Whipping down the dogs before getting them in the trucks for the ride home. 
A couple days later, we got the pictures from the course and finish line. 




















My knee ended up getting worse, before it got better. The first couple days it wasn't too bad but then I tripped and came down on it and reinjured it. Ended up on crutches and taking a few days off of work. Took about a month to be back to almost normal. 
But even with the crippled knee, it was sooo much fun! If my knee can handle it, I'd do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.