Sunday, July 26, 2009

Testimony Meeting & Calling

The following Sunday all of us kids went to church with dad. It was a fast Sunday and he got up and bore his testimony, it was a very heart-felt testimony. He is so strong and we all look up to him so much as the patriarch of this family. After his testimony, Sadie got up and bore hers; she said "I'd like to bear my testimony, I know this church is true, I miss my grandma and I love her" at which point she broke down into absolute tears and walked back to her chair crying. As I looked around I realized she was not the only one almost every eye in that chapel had tears, it was so tender.

The following Sunday I was FINALLY set apart. It was supposed to only be 3 weeks but with everything going on it kept getting pushed back. I am really excited, I just adore the girls. I also have a awesome presidency and advisers who will be amazing. The week prior dad had asked me to write mom's obituary and as I looked through some of her history I noticed that one of her calling she'd held was Young Women's president...I knew right then that I could do this and that she'd be on the other side helping me and strengthening me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.