Sunday, July 26, 2009

New Calling!

It all started 8 weeks ago when I was called into the Bishops office one week before Girls Camp. I was called to be the new Young Women's President. WOW! I was given 3 weeks to find my counselors, secretary and advisers. I have only been in Young Women's now for 7 months as the 2nd co. and now I'm wishing I had paid more attention to all that the pres. has been doing the past 7 months. But I am very excited and nervous. I was so glad that Adam and I had planned a little family getaway for the following week so I could clear my head and have sometime with my family before getting sustained. We had planned on going to the Manti Pageant and through the new Oquiirh Temple, which I was hoping would help me feel the spirit and receive some inspiration. A few days before our trip Adam's mom's health started to decrease. She was having a hard time getting around and didn't have a lot of energy. As our trip got closer we talked about not going but Adam's dad assured us all would be fine and to go have a good time. We agreed, but told him he would call every night and if anything changed we would head straight home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I feel your pain! You are wonderful and I'm sure you will do a great job as YW president, but boy do I understand all the emotions that come with that calling. I will say, thought, after 6 months, I've are starting to feel like we've stopped spinning and we are getting things figured out. Good luck and if you have any great ideas call and tell them to me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.